Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Bryn Davies on Codes and the Interim Consulta… Bryn Davies on Codes and the Interim Consulta… Gerry Francis on Want to live longer? Get a pen… ConKeating on Codes and the Interim Consulta… Ping but no pong… on Codes and the Interim Consulta… Bob Compton on Codes and the Interim Consulta… Peter D Beattie on The grave threat to our hospit… Robert on 5 ways to stay happy on a lock… Tim Simpson on Pension Playpen to relaunch as… ConKeating on DWP frees up workplace pension… Victoria Hampton on Where’s best to build my… John Roberts on How Soon Will We See the Benef… ian layton on Where’s best to build my… Eugen N on Where’s best to build my… henry tapper on How Soon Will We See the Benef…
- Ping but no pong – we have a Pension Schemes Act ready to go!
- Codes and the Interim Consultation Response – Con Keating watches them spinning out of Control
- DB transfers;- we understand the crime – but not the causes of crime.
- THE INHERITANCE CHALLENGE FACING WOMEN IN THE ‘SANDWICH GENERATION’
- Pension’s race to net-zero
- They owe railways a debt of thanks twitter.com/josephinecumbo…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- @pensionseagull @JosephineCumbo "I was concerned by TPR’s downplaying of benchmarking to fast track by describing i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- @pensionseagull "We need to stop TPR benchmarking an open scheme's bespoke valuation against their fast track assum… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- @JosephineCumbo I hope this will also help schemes invest for sustainability henrytapper.com/2021/01/20/pin… Thanks for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- Lady Stedman-Scott, said subsequent regulations, to be set out by The Pensions Regulator would “acknowledge the pos… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 9 hours ago
Monthly Archives: August 2011
If you’ve followed my posts over the past few days, you’ll l know I’ve referred to a debate between advisers, insurers, pension managers and trustees which started out discussing the ethics of incentivizing enhanced transfer values and has moved toi discussing how and when advice … Continue reading
I have to admit to being baffled this morning by reports that house prices are set to increase by 25% (relative to what?), that rents will soar and that social (council) housing will become scarcer. Apparently we are building less houses … Continue reading
There’s a place in Iceland where the American and European tectonic plates grind together like two sets of molars. At Thingvellir you can smell the sulphur emitting from the fissures where the plates grind and you can peer into the unfathomable … Continue reading
My point is that the pensions industry has a once off opportunity to get it right, this is our London Olympics and while we need to have our heads down making sure the infrastructure to make this work is in place, we should take a little time out to celebrate the fact that this “new day” is but a year away (M &S will be auto-enroling this time next year).
I am writing to you from the fast lane of the M3 adjacent to Bracknell. Is writing therapeutic? I am not sure, but I suspect that you are probably asking yourself whether I am writing and driving at the same … Continue reading