Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- @pickfos @rosaltmann Occupational schemes can operate under RAS or net pay, L&G runs two master trusts to accommoda… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- Ros Altmann+Gareth Morgan=informed pension choices henrytapper.com/2021/05/12/ros…Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
- Pubs are opening - so can pensions! lnkd.in/evuhS7BRestoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- Pension Dashboards – reasons to be cheerful! henrytapper.com/2021/05/11/pen…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- lnkd.in/eZ5QkXERestoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: November 2009
The old adage that if the Equitable Life was a pension scheme it would still be trading today can be reversed. If most pension schemes were regulated as life insurance companies are today they would not be in business. Which is why we must be very worried indeed about threats to the buy-out market and very worried for our DC members about the impact on the cost of annuity purchase. Continue reading
A new study published by Spence Johnson has drawn on insight from 46 industry thought leaders to predict futures of the Fiduciary Management model. More here: http://tiny.cc/FiduciaryEvolution
Many of the participants’ future projections included the view that a unbundled Fiduciary Solution would grow in popularity, allowing schemes to outsource certain tasks i.e. LDI, while retaining in-house duties they felt more confident in performing.
This article addresses the question of whether LDI strategies are best employed as part of an “integrated solution” or “unbundled Fiduciary Management”?
As the ferry went down, passengers jumped like lemmings into the sea. We had another meeting and concluded that we would sue the men in suits before following the passengers. The last thing I remember was being hauled from the water by a man with a peaked cap, I remember around the rim the words “HMRC PPF”.