Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
- As Universities prepare for a strike, teachers try to limit the damage
- The role of Cambridge Colleges in the University teacher’s strike
- Why insurance isn’t always right.
- Why are university staff going on strike?
- “The Ship has sailed” – Con Keating on the Society of Pension Professionals CDC submission
- @PensionWonk This is true , but wouldn't you rather have more out of what you put in - all the same?Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- @PensionWonk @alexwarna_pe there are examples where something similar to CDC worked in the UK, -not that far from t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- @alexwarna_pe 142,000 postal workers chose CDC over a Christmas strike? A number of large DC occ schemes are lookin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- “The Ship has sailed” – Con Keating on the Society of Pension Professionals CDC submission henrytapper.com/2018/02/18/the… https://t.co/I3qgetX6OCRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- “The Ship has sailed” – Con Keating on the Society of Pension Professionals CDC submission henrytapper.com/2018/02/18/the… https://t.co/0oieciakKXRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
Monthly Archives: November 2009
The old adage that if the Equitable Life was a pension scheme it would still be trading today can be reversed. If most pension schemes were regulated as life insurance companies are today they would not be in business. Which is why we must be very worried indeed about threats to the buy-out market and very worried for our DC members about the impact on the cost of annuity purchase. Continue reading
A new study published by Spence Johnson has drawn on insight from 46 industry thought leaders to predict futures of the Fiduciary Management model. More here: http://tiny.cc/FiduciaryEvolution
Many of the participants’ future projections included the view that a unbundled Fiduciary Solution would grow in popularity, allowing schemes to outsource certain tasks i.e. LDI, while retaining in-house duties they felt more confident in performing.
This article addresses the question of whether LDI strategies are best employed as part of an “integrated solution” or “unbundled Fiduciary Management”?
As the ferry went down, passengers jumped like lemmings into the sea. We had another meeting and concluded that we would sue the men in suits before following the passengers. The last thing I remember was being hauled from the water by a man with a peaked cap, I remember around the rim the words “HMRC PPF”.