Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Brian G on The Money and Pensions Service… John Mather on The Money and Pensions Service… con Keating on If we change to Private Market… henry tapper on ‘Normal service will be resume… kate upcraft on ‘Normal service will be resume… ‘Normal service will… on “My pension stole my ben… Richard Chilton on “My pension stole my ben… ian layton on “My pension stole my ben… Phil Castle on I’ve lost my pension pot… Sarah parsons on What’s that coming over… bob compton on Making sense of value and mone… Derek Scott on Making sense of value and mone… Robert Davies on What should you do about pensi… Pension togetherness… on Sean Breslin – rest in p… henry tapper on Eri-tation ; time to come clea…
- If you’re an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension.
- Covid may not have made us older – let’s hope it’s making us wiser.
- The Money and Pensions Service is in a mess – and it needs to be told so.
- Should we have a say over the voting of our shares?
- If we change to Private Markets then Private Markets must change too!
- @JosephineCumbo @craigpberry The Net Pay Action Group , headed by @rosaltmann and @litrgnews includes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- What Covid has done is remind us of our own fragile place on the planet and reinforced what was increasingly appare… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 23 hours ago
- This is good news for Uber workers and this deal should be just the first of many lnkd.in/d9n2PVapRestoring confidence in pensions 23 hours ago
- If you're an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension. henrytapper.com/2021/09/24/if-… This is good news for Uber workers and t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 23 hours ago
- @PensionsMonkey @CommonsWorkPen @MoneyPensionsUK has a poisoned chalice (as you say) but a stronger nudge to Pensi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 23 hours ago
Category Archives: pensions
I wondered whether the headline had been better “if you’re an Uber driver, you now have a pension” but for industry readers, the news is that NOW at last have something to tell the world that isn’t “mea culpa”. I … Continue reading
I went to a wildly exciting drinks reception yesterday evening and asked one of the actuaries in my circle how he was feeling. He wittily replied “I feel three months older” and pointed me to the news that life expectancy … Continue reading
For the average saver, news that their investment returns will increasingly be from the private markets is akin to telling car-drivers that they are moving from 4 star (remember that) to unleaded petrol. So long as the pumps are primed … Continue reading
Dear Playpen member, you are cordially invited to our next coffee morning on Tuesday 21st September at 10:30am All Star, Julius Pursaill (who has oversight on over £200 Bn in Assets) will be discussing climate investing and private markets. Jonathan … Continue reading
Guy Opperman has been confirmed as Pension Minister following the recent reshuffle. This is a good thing for pensions. It should mean that he becomes the longest serving Pensions Minister this century and that his reform plans can be seen … Continue reading
Friday Report: Issue 51 http://www.covid-arg.com By: John Roberts, Matt Fletcher, Nicola Oliver & Adele Groyer COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group – Learn. Share. Educate. Influence. COVID-19 is still one of the hottest topics for scientific papers … Continue reading
I hope Guy Opperman’s promise that those due their state pension , some for 6 months or more, will get their payments with more than an apology. The short term blip in service is being blamed by the Minister on … Continue reading
You were great on the radio, Henry. Eh? You and Yours – lunchtime. I was swimming at lunchtime. You were on You and Yours mate. https://t.co/TxO5SK00pL forgotten we did this @sharivahl is acing it! — Henry Tapper (@henryhtapper) September … Continue reading
Today we expect a discussion paper from tPR/FCA on the measurement of value for money. This is not so much a blog but an essay about measuring value. I’m trying to write about what I hear people saying and … Continue reading