Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- If you’re an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension.
- Covid may not have made us older – let’s hope it’s making us wiser.
- The Money and Pensions Service is in a mess – and it needs to be told so.
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the… The bifurcation between the pension… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- I am not excited by Pension Wise and despite this service running for six years, neither is the general population.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Tag Archives: LGPS
I am very pleased to hear about a new project designed to get pension schemes investing in the right place. You can read about it here It’s an initiative that impacts us all, we all pay council tax or at … Continue reading
Alarm bells rang when I read Stephanie Hawthorne’s report on the reaction of some Pension Schemes to the challenges of the current pandemic ‘Lockdown spikes fears of democratic deficit in LGPS’ A survey of 83 local authorities conducted … Continue reading
And last but by no means least our 2019 industry champions are … #PIPA2019 @SierChris @margaretsnowdon pic.twitter.com/ImeRIye3Tr — Pensions Expert (@pensions_expert) May 15, 2019 It’s good to see Chris get this award and see him in his kilt Congratulations to … Continue reading
Colin Meech wins the peace A couple of days ago, I spent an enlightening hour in Parliament listening to the witness of Colin Meech and Jonathan Lipkin to the Work and Pensions Select Committee. I have known Colin a few … Continue reading
Well the answer “no” as has been explained to me by Colin Meech of Unison – who makes the following points; LA’s can not go bust in the way you suggest – they would be taken over by government … Continue reading
In 2013 Michael Johnson of The Centre for Policy Studies published a paper “the local Government Pension Scheme; opportunity knocks” http://tinyurl.com/jru498m. Today he publishes the sequel, “the LGPS- the lost decade”. http://tinyurl.com/jtz2jwx In the intervening period, Johnson has seen none … Continue reading
The vast majority of the money outstanding to those who work and have worked for Government is to be paid as pension. The Government’s pension debts – for its own people – have been estimated in the Whole of Government … Continue reading
I’ve said it before on this blog, but I’ll say it again. The amount of Council Tax many people pay to fund other people’s pensions exceeds their own contributions into pensions, even when they’ve been auto-enrolled into “workie”. “You … Continue reading
There is a lot of loose money in our financial system, destined for our later years. This has not escaped the notice of those who make it their business to manage other people’s money. The money is “free” for three … Continue reading