Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
derekscott1953 on Natural selection is one thing… Tim Simpson on Natural selection is one thing… Martin T on Natural selection is one thing… ConKeating on Natural selection is one thing… Robert on Sexy-cash is back incentivizin… Martin T on Stay safe and wish ourselves a… DaveC on Sexy-cash is back incentivizin… George Kirrin on Sexy-cash is back incentivizin… AgeWage: Making your… on Perverse incentives; Sexycash… Stay safe and wish o… on A library of COVID-19 actuaria… Derek Scott on PRAG – lively up yoursel… Peter Beattie on Is GMP equalization an opportu… Bob Compton on No blubbing over the future of… ConKeating on No blubbing over the future of… henry tapper on No blubbing over the future of…
- Natural selection is one thing, wilful destruction another- thoughts on Arcadia
- Let’s start the run up to Christmas with compassion
- Bosses – the dashboard is not about you – it’s about us!
- Sexy-cash is back incentivizing pension transfers – let’s nip this in the bud
- Stay safe and wish ourselves a Happy Christmas.
- Natural selection is one thing, wilful destruction another- thoughts on Arcadia henrytapper.com/2020/12/02/nat…Restoring confidence in pensions 11 hours ago
- lnkd.in/g7s65YeRestoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- Theresa's story moved me to compassion on the first day of advent lnkd.in/giB-9dxRestoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- Let’s start the run up to Christmas with compassion henrytapper.com/2020/12/01/let…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- We live in an inclusive rather than exclusive world where ordinary people have fundamental rights to data that conc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Category Archives: EU Solvency II
Background Much of the media and public attention is focused on the progression of Covid-19 in terms of cumulative and daily number of cases, deaths and recoveries. However, for health actuaries, our key interest is in infection rates and … Continue reading
This blog offers insurers a simple way out of the problem they have with Guaranteed Annuity Rates- it means paying the reserved for value of the policy rather than the (lower) investment value of the contributions. By way of explanation.. … Continue reading
If Steve Webb wants AE to work, he should stop turning promises into guarantees and burdening employers with unforeseen liabilities and huge consultative and administrative costs. Continue reading
We move into day two of auto-enrolment with all to play for on a pitch increasingly likely to take spin Continue reading
On Monday the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries delivered a paper stating that it would be able to deliver a system of lock-in guarantees at a price of less than 1% pa of the fund that could be used by … Continue reading
This is an article by Con Keating, reproduced with his kind permission. It’s hard but it’s worth it- Con is the cleverest man in town. The demise of the Bretton Woods system in the 1970s was epoch-defining; it constituted a massive shift of … Continue reading
Last week, the brotherhood of DB and DC pensions got a little sister when Steve Webb introduced the prospect of DA to the family. There is nothing new about the search for a third way, indeed it is the pensions equivalent of the … Continue reading
There are going to be a lot of objections to aspirational pensions over the weeks and months to come, but for me they are popcorn pensions – delicious, affordable and while they may not be the haute cuisine of the guaranteed Final Salary plans pragmatic.