Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Everything you need to know about vaccines (and more) .Covid-ARG
- “In pensions we trust” – when our data is trusty!
- A breakthrough in measuring the quality of DC scheme data.
- Pensions are stranded off-line; this must change!
- Natural selection is one thing, wilful destruction another- thoughts on Arcadia
- Lessons to learn from Dolphin Trust henrytapper.com/2020/11/27/les…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- No blubbing over the future of RPI please. henrytapper.com/2020/11/28/no-…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- Sexy-cash is back incentivizing pension transfers – let’s nip this in the bud henrytapper.com/2020/11/30/sex…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- Bosses – the dashboard is not about you – it’s about us! henrytapper.com/2020/12/01/bos…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- Natural selection is one thing, wilful destruction another- thoughts on Arcadia henrytapper.com/2020/12/02/nat…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
Tag Archives: Business and Economy
One of the critical issues facing Government in establishing a pensions dashboard is “data readiness”. Currently it is in a relatively weak position to argue that schemes are or aren’t dashboard ready, since it has no way either to … Continue reading
Two things caught my eye yesterday evening. The first was a comment made in parliament by Nigel Mills MP on protecting people from themselves and denying them access to digital consolidation via a dashboard. Nanny state The Government … Continue reading
This is nonsense. If universities can’t pay the required #USS DB contribution, then simply move to DC, which was of course the original plan. Universities backed down in the face of strikes https://t.co/rYtU1azGjM via @timeshighered — John Ralfe (@JohnRalfe1) November … Continue reading
Covid-19.arg Global and UK Economic Recovery up to September 2020 COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group – Learn. Share. Educate. Influence. Summary There are clear signs of economic recovery in the UK following the lockdown between March and June, as … Continue reading
About a year ago the Tax Incentivised Savings Association (Tisa) asked its members to vote for a name change to The Investing and Saving Alliance. This meant it kept the Tisa acronym even though the underlying name changed. TISA hopes it … Continue reading
I doubt if SoftBank had launched its take over bid for ARM holdings today rather in the weeks following the referendum, it would have found life so easy. Recent comments from Theresa May suggest that Britain will, for the … Continue reading
The problem with Alan and Gina Miller is they are right, and they say the things that the financial services industry don’t want to hear. Before the TTF was a gleam in our eye , they were proving we were … Continue reading
Of all the financial myths that remain unchallenged, the myth of personality is least challenged and most lethal. For it allows the congregation of expert panels/committees/boards – stuffed with perceived “personality” to validate all manner of iniquities. For those personalities … Continue reading
Well it was nothing if not “brutal”, though I expect that will be spun to “pragmatic”. The conservative party abandoned any further flirtations with democracy, closed ranks and appointed Teresa May as leader and – from tomorrow- Prime Minister. … Continue reading
The Financial Conduct Authority has published the results of its survey of firms providing financial advice. The results make for depressing reading. Of the sample, 72% of firms said that customers’ preference for personal interaction with an adviser was a … Continue reading