Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested
- Whatever happened to the portable personal pension?
- Can pensions impact for good? They’ve no choice but to.
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- The @thefca and @TPRgovuk talk about value for savers, but there's value for spenders to think about too! thx to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- Massive withdrawals from DC pots – one in three women taking cash at 55 via corporate-adviser.com/massive-withdr… So who is talki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… The timeframes for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r…Restoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
Category Archives: David Pitt-Watson
The great British financial journalist Norma Cohen rarely publishes in the FT these days, when she does, it is to great effect. This week she published a quiet and thoughtful piece on the impact MIFID II is having on … Continue reading
The FCA have called for evidence on the likely success of our current “at retirement” strategy, this response is consistent with what this blog has been saying for some years, collective problems need collective solutions, the market is not enough, … Continue reading
Dr Nick Motson of Cass Business School has issued another broadside at the funds industry who have been dilatory at best in responding to consumer pressure to better align its fees to the value it brings to consumers. … Continue reading
Pension PlayPen’s Submission to the Parliamentary Committee reading the Pension Schemes Bill Continue reading
Genius is not just misunderstood – it is persecuted. Those who didn’t get Copernicus, Galileo, Wordsworth or Darwin did not ignore these genius’, they set out to do them in. Bob Dylan when he laid out his Highway 61 album … Continue reading
The DWP has now presented the draft bill that will enable Defined Ambition pensions to be set up, probably from this time in 2016. While lawyers pour over the clauses, it’s worth considering the responses the Government received to the ideas … Continue reading
The Pensions Reforms in the Queens Speech had been broadly flagged in the Sunday Telegraph and subsequently. Nonetheless, the inclusion of Defined Ambition Pensions (aka CDC) (aka Target Pensions) is still a major surprise and will further stretch the UK … Continue reading
CDC (Target Pensions Plans) look likely to happen If, as now seems likely, we get the easements in a Pensions Bill to run collective DC schemes then the pressure will turn on those (like me) who have lobbied for change– … Continue reading
This letter appears in this morning’s edition of the Times Dear Sir, We all deserve access to pension products that provide us with better and more certain outcomes. Other European countries encourage private pension systems which are far more efficient … Continue reading