Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
Richard Bryan on The rotten boroughs of the Isi… Martin Evans on Why are university staff going… bobchampion on A good day for pensions, a goo… John Mather on A good day for pensions, a goo… henry tapper on As Universities prepare for a… ReservoirDon who wis… on As Universities prepare for a… Fear is bad, but so… on FEAR+FRAUD. Does Geneva= Gibra… henry tapper on Why are university staff going… Eugen Neagu on The Earth isn’t flat. How cont… henry tapper on “The Ship has sailed… henry tapper on Contingent charging will sink… Ruth Gilbert, Insuri… on HMRC and FCA complicit in the… JAMES GLASHEEN on Contingent charging will sink… Helen on Why are university staff going… Paul Brunger (@Inter… on “The Ship has sailed…
- Could this letter have opened the lecture- room door to a pension settlement?
- Royal Mail CDC – proof of concept or the real deal?
- The rotten boroughs of the Isis and the Fens – Mike Otsuka
- A good day for pensions, a good day for the DC upgrade.
- As Universities prepare for a strike, teachers try to limit the damage
- @bspsmembers missus making me watch news at 10 insteadRestoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- The rotten boroughs of the Isis and the Fens – Mike Otsuka lnkd.in/ezR76eDRestoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- The FCA can excel; the “non-workplace pension” paper’s a model of its kind henrytapper.com/2018/02/04/the… https://t.co/fPDVeUdquERestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- The FCA can excel; the “non-workplace pension” paper’s a model of its kind henrytapper.com/2018/02/04/the… https://t.co/mN2jtRPetkRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- I still want to be paid when I retire! henrytapper.com/2018/02/18/i-s… https://t.co/Yj9htZ07YGRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
Category Archives: CDC
I am always amazed at the churlishness of the pension industry towards innovation. Here’s John Lawson suggesting that the Royal Mail should be spending £400m a year to satisfy his curiosity. I’d quite like one or two schemes to try … Continue reading
We will know we have a solution when we don’t need guns. Overnight I heard the President of the United States deliver his solution to the gun crisis in American schools. To prevent more mass shootings, Donald Trump suggested that American teachers … Continue reading
On Saturday, on Radio 4’s Money Box programme, Hugh Nolan of the Society of Pension Professionals expressed the view that the “ship had sailed” for CDC pensions, and proceeded into the tired and repetitive narrative that it is too late … Continue reading
Have you been watching the DWP’s recent television articles – the ones that ask you to get to know your workplace pension? I want to know what bit of my workplace pension is the “pension”! The dictionary describes a … Continue reading
This essay compliments my blog this morning. Con Keating is the author of this blog – our thinking is coincidental, though our manner of expressing it – is not! In all of the discussions of the minutiae of the … Continue reading
I was wading through yet another long and technical explanation of CDC when I got my Eureka moment! I don’t want a CDC plan, I want a DC upgrade! I’m not dissing legal eagle Sandeep Maudgil (who’s soon to appear … Continue reading
Joy for DB is pain for DC! I am sure I am painting too simple a picture and that I’ll be whacked over the head by my learned colleagues, but the general jubilation breaking out over UK pension scheme … Continue reading
“I wonder how many of the financial advisors who recommended transfers out , predicted a 10% drop in the stock market in one week? Not many is my bet.” This is a post on the main British Steel Pensioners Facebook … Continue reading
Apparantly DC pension providers are considering giving pension savers guidelines as they start drawing down money so they don’t run out of money. (Daily Telegraph- savers to be discouraged from raiding pensions). Presumably a responsible pension provider would also encourage … Continue reading
This is a review of: The Legal Differences between CIDC and CDC by Prof. dr. Hans van Meerten and Elmar Schmidt, February 2018. It takes the form of a line by line commentary (in red) on the verbatim text of … Continue reading