Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- If you’re an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension.
- Covid may not have made us older – let’s hope it’s making us wiser.
- The Money and Pensions Service is in a mess – and it needs to be told so.
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the… The bifurcation between the pension… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- I am not excited by Pension Wise and despite this service running for six years, neither is the general population.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Tag Archives: Bill Galvin
News has come in that the University Superannuation Scheme (USS) is going to press ahead with a valuation of its assets and liabilities as at the 31st March 2020. It reasons for it in a public statement. I had … Continue reading
In normal times, USS reporting itself to the Pensions Regulator for being under-funded would be considered a major news story. But what Jo Cumbo reported as happening yesterday is not headline news, it is a sideshow to what is being … Continue reading
Here I distill my threads of the past few days into a single message: the @FirstActuarial & @ucu approach to the investment and valuation of #USS is not some radical new theory. Rather, it’s in line with the way #USS … Continue reading
If Jo Cumbo hadn’t mentioned it I’d have missed it. Bill Galvin- erstwhile CEO of the Pensions Regulator and now boss of the University Superannuation Scheme wrote a thought piece on the USS blog – it’s here. It’s a meditation … Continue reading
Adrian Boulding has left a comment on yesterday’s blog that is rather better than the blog itself. As I am on the last day of my holiday in Paris, I will blog the comment and add a few thoughts … Continue reading
Michael Otsuka is Professor of Philosophy at the London School of Economics. He has also served as the pensions officer for the LSE’s UCU branch. This article originally appeared on Wonkhe.com, the home of higher education policy, people and … Continue reading
Bill, t tPR need a gong-worthy head of DC asap. Continue reading