Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots?
- “Further and faster”- the white heat of pension consolidation.
- Small DC schemes must be guided by data – not self interest.
- Covid lessons for the UK from Taiwan and South Korea-Gordon Woo
- It’s been a “long day coming”- and a change is going to come
- @JohnRalfe1 @FinancialTimes @GuyOpperman Perhaps they represent the gold standard to which smaller schemes aspire?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- It is important that there is clear guidance from the Pensions Regulator on what is best practice in this area. Thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots? henrytapper.com/2021/06/23/who… It is important that there is clear gui… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots? henrytapper.com/2021/06/23/who…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- @JosephineCumbo The new pension scheme stands to benefit from the increased AUM and should ensure that the member's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
Tag Archives: Bill Galvin
News has come in that the University Superannuation Scheme (USS) is going to press ahead with a valuation of its assets and liabilities as at the 31st March 2020. It reasons for it in a public statement. I had … Continue reading
In normal times, USS reporting itself to the Pensions Regulator for being under-funded would be considered a major news story. But what Jo Cumbo reported as happening yesterday is not headline news, it is a sideshow to what is being … Continue reading
Here I distill my threads of the past few days into a single message: the @FirstActuarial & @ucu approach to the investment and valuation of #USS is not some radical new theory. Rather, it’s in line with the way #USS … Continue reading
If Jo Cumbo hadn’t mentioned it I’d have missed it. Bill Galvin- erstwhile CEO of the Pensions Regulator and now boss of the University Superannuation Scheme wrote a thought piece on the USS blog – it’s here. It’s a meditation … Continue reading
Adrian Boulding has left a comment on yesterday’s blog that is rather better than the blog itself. As I am on the last day of my holiday in Paris, I will blog the comment and add a few thoughts … Continue reading
Michael Otsuka is Professor of Philosophy at the London School of Economics. He has also served as the pensions officer for the LSE’s UCU branch. This article originally appeared on Wonkhe.com, the home of higher education policy, people and … Continue reading
Bill, t tPR need a gong-worthy head of DC asap. Continue reading