Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested
- Whatever happened to the portable personal pension?
- Can pensions impact for good? They’ve no choice but to.
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- The @thefca and @TPRgovuk talk about value for savers, but there's value for spenders to think about too! thx to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- Massive withdrawals from DC pots – one in three women taking cash at 55 via corporate-adviser.com/massive-withdr… So who is talki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… The timeframes for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
Category Archives: Liability Driven Investment
As we all work in our individual way from our individual workplaces, it’s hard to see the big picture – we see plenty of trees but not the wood. Pensions are not about us but about the people who get … Continue reading
Once it was so simple. Good employers offered good pensions and lousy employers didn’t. The good employers congregated at NAPF conferences and congratulated themselves and an industry fed on the easy money growing within these plans. But then came lower … Continue reading
The Department for Communities and Local Government announced yesterday that £85bn of actively managed assets could be transferred to passive management and that the fund of fund structures could be collapsed into a collective investment vehicles. This is very significant … Continue reading
If Steve Webb wants AE to work, he should stop turning promises into guarantees and burdening employers with unforeseen liabilities and huge consultative and administrative costs. Continue reading
Mrs HR Dee Smallco Ltd. Sunny Uplands GB Dear Mrs Dee, Thanks for your enquiry. I can see you are sold on the idea of offering a workplace pension for your staff. You know you have to anyway, but I … Continue reading
When you take the mutuality out of pensions , you take good pensions out of mutuals. Continue reading
failure cannot be attributed to poor investment consultancy, more to an absence of investment consultancy where it matters Continue reading
I am afraid I have to report yet more moronic thinking from the investment community showing their disconnect with the ways and means of everyday folk. Example one is from Lyxor, who used to be called Societe Generale until they screwed … Continue reading
On Monday the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries delivered a paper stating that it would be able to deliver a system of lock-in guarantees at a price of less than 1% pa of the fund that could be used by … Continue reading
There are three distinct streams among those old enough to work and young enough not to, Stream One is for those who can look forward to retirement with a degree of confidence because their employer is guaranteeing it. They are primarily … Continue reading