Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
henry tapper on What it’s like to be in… ConKeating on Lords say “no” to… Brian G on What it’s like to be in… BC on “There is no justice in… henry tapper on Is COVID-19 Seasonal? Robert on With the benefit of hindsight… James Souttar on Is COVID-19 Seasonal? El Sid on Is COVID-19 Seasonal? El Sid on Is COVID-19 Seasonal? Adrian Boulding on Is COVID-19 Seasonal? Eugen N on Lets stop kidding ourselves ab… ConKeating on Why more funding doesn’t… ConKeating on Why more funding doesn’t… ConKeating on Why more funding doesn’t… Eugen N. on With the benefit of hindsight…
- My message is to be fearless and brave, use our medical system, whether NHS or private. henrytapper.com/2020/07/11/wha…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- "Why dump employers who have found good ways to make their DB schemes flourish and last? If the Government do not m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- King Canute was wise enough to know he could not hold back the incoming tide. This blog is about two decisions take… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- At Retirement Support (with its unfortunate acronym) is not high on workplace pension provider's priority lists henrytapper.com/2020/07/14/wor…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- Thanks to Kim Andrews who became our 10,000th member at 8am this morning! henrytapper.com/2020/07/14/age…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
Monthly Archives: July 2010
I am positive and will be doing everything I can do persuade others that we can make some progression. We have a stronger squad that at this stage in any recent season, we have a management team which are no longer inexperienced and a hungry young squad eager to impress.This could be our best chance to make an impact on the league in a long time.
We are chosing to put clever pension ideas in front of boring but sane collective provision as Beveridge originally conceived.
“Brand”,opined my former CEO, “is what we aspire to be, or at least to be seen as being”. I guess this is the actuarial equivalent of “corporate identity” which is the accounting version and refers to what you actually are. Continue reading
You’d have thought that the “last men standing”, the insurers – Zurich, Friends,Scottish Widows and Standard Life and the asset managers Blackrock, HSBC and Fidelity (themselves trading as insurers) would now concentrate on the serious business of filling the gap left by the collapse in DB accrual. However they have bigger ideas.
Gavin Henson has a reputation for being vain and consequently superficial. He may be vain but he is not superficial.
I think the quote from Rupert Murdoch most telling. In the weeks ahead you can expect to see organisations such as the FT launching social media websites in an attempt to catch up with a revolution in communication. I suspect … Continue reading