Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
con keating on Where were you in 1982? Peter Beattie on Cumbo calls into question pens… Peter Tompkins on Where were you in 1982? Derek Scott on Where were you in 1982? Dr+Robin+Rowles on Where were you in 1982? John Mather on Where were you in 1982? Richard T on FCA considers greater push to… Cumbo calls into que… on Pension indexation for DB sche… Peter Beattie on Pension indexation for DB sche… John Mather on Pension indexation for DB sche… Stefan Zaitschenko on Pension indexation for DB sche… Mark Andrew Meldon on Annuities – a well-behav… Derek Benstead on Pension indexation for DB sche… Peter Tompkins on Pension indexation for DB sche… John Mather on Pension indexation for DB sche…
- Good seminar from @TheIFS and on research from Heidi Karjalainen. It turns out that our spending in retirement mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 18 minutes ago
- The biggest losers of a market crash aren't in the market. henrytapper.com/2022/05/19/the… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- If we cannot sort the problems of unclaimed benefits and underpaid benefits in 2022, we never will. Let’s think fir… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- The biggest losers of a market crash aren't in the market. henrytapper.com/2022/05/19/the… If we cannot sort the problems o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
- The biggest losers of a market crash aren’t in the market. henrytapper.com/2022/05/19/the…Restoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago
Monthly Archives: July 2010
I am positive and will be doing everything I can do persuade others that we can make some progression. We have a stronger squad that at this stage in any recent season, we have a management team which are no longer inexperienced and a hungry young squad eager to impress.This could be our best chance to make an impact on the league in a long time.
We are chosing to put clever pension ideas in front of boring but sane collective provision as Beveridge originally conceived.
“Brand”,opined my former CEO, “is what we aspire to be, or at least to be seen as being”. I guess this is the actuarial equivalent of “corporate identity” which is the accounting version and refers to what you actually are. Continue reading
You’d have thought that the “last men standing”, the insurers – Zurich, Friends,Scottish Widows and Standard Life and the asset managers Blackrock, HSBC and Fidelity (themselves trading as insurers) would now concentrate on the serious business of filling the gap left by the collapse in DB accrual. However they have bigger ideas.
Gavin Henson has a reputation for being vain and consequently superficial. He may be vain but he is not superficial.
I think the quote from Rupert Murdoch most telling. In the weeks ahead you can expect to see organisations such as the FT launching social media websites in an attempt to catch up with a revolution in communication. I suspect … Continue reading