Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via EmailJoin 10,540 other subscribers
here’s what you’ve been saying
Cost of living, pens… on The cost of living crisis… Cost of living, pens… on The cost of living crisis… henry tapper on TPR clarifies it’s not w… henry tapper on TPR clarifies it’s not w… Gareth Morgan on TPR clarifies it’s not w… Chris Clark on TPR clarifies it’s not w… TPR clarifies it… on Square pegs – round hole… Dr Robin Rowles on If this is (pension) freedom… Peter Beattie on Square pegs – round hole… Eugen N on If this is (pension) freedom… John Mather on Is this Tory election running… Derek Scott on Those chants don’t seem… Peter Telford on Square pegs – round hole… Michael on Those chants don’t seem… Peter Beattie on Square pegs – round hole…
- Con Keating and Iain Clacher appalled by DWP’s proposed Funding Regulations
- Cost of living, pensions and some difficulties
- “Half the state pension will be spent on fuel”
- 5 free to use scam awareness sites; one Margaret Snowden!
- TPR clarifies it’s not wrong to use your pension pot to pay household bills.
- “It’s like the moment when you’re seeing the pictures of the beds in the European hospitals and we’re still allowin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- @DavidPenneyPRW Great question - I found this in today's FT. ft.com/content/fa52b0… https://t.co/Mk2lWtPAY9Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- "We estimate that, based on the current proposal, the cost to the public purse to be between £38 and £40 billion.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- Con Keating and Iain Clacher appalled by DWP's proposed Funding Regulations henrytapper.com/2022/08/10/con… "We estimate th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
Tag Archives: State Second Pension
A universal Lamborghini pension? At a seminar yesterday, Paul Lewis explained to an audience of IFAs that the full new state pension was a Lamborghini pension. What he meant was that if you wanted to buy an equivalent pension from … Continue reading
I wrote last week about why we need a national register of people’s pension pots (not a clearing house or a system of enforced transfers). Re-reading the post, I can see many people will be asking “what is the issue at … Continue reading
The only pension schemes which you cannot transfer out of are the Basic State Pension, State Second Pension and NEST (yes – odd that a DC plan is in that mix). Continue reading
My criticism of the Green Paper is that while it is long on philosophising on the impact of longevity, the need for fairness and for personal responsibility, it’s short on idntifying the winners and losers in the process.