Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via EmailJoin 10,538 other subscribers
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Ros Altmann – “are small pension pots really for your 80s and 90’s?”
- Spending your pension pot should not be a guilt trip;- it should make you happy!
- Millions may have small pots, but thank God they have!
- Con Keating and Iain Clacher appalled by DWP’s proposed Funding Regulations
- Cost of living, pensions and some difficulties
- Just had a very pleasant call with @rosaltmann - our views are different but we remain friends. Let's hope we can m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 25 minutes ago
- @rosaltmann , be pragmatic! For most people of modest means, self-sufficiency is beyond them. Saving for retirement… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Ros Altmann - "are small pension pots really for your 80s and 90's?" henrytapper.com/2022/08/11/ros… @rosaltmann Be pragma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Ros Altmann – “are pension pots insuring against living too long – or a means to pay the bills?” henrytapper.com/2022/08/11/ros…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- @AdrianBoulding Amused by Serena William "evolving out of tennis into retirement". This article is suggesting cost… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
Tag Archives: Nick Clegg
In case you are wondering, the views of the pension plowman are not necessarily those of First Actuarial and quite often aren’t. Continue reading
When I was a financial adviser, I often hear people say that they couldn’t afford to save into a pension. When I probed, this objection often boiled down to a fear that “tying up money” left people scared that in … Continue reading
The act of reading these stories and poems is to step into Christopher Robin’s shoes and embrace a vlue system that has driven the governing class of Britian for two hundred years. You should try it sometime- it really is scary!
Because the unions only speak for those they define as their own – they do not speak for me – nor I for them. Continue reading
To all at Incisive – well done boys and girls- what would we do without you even if you could’nt run an election in Zimbabwe! Continue reading
My criticism of the Green Paper is that while it is long on philosophising on the impact of longevity, the need for fairness and for personal responsibility, it’s short on idntifying the winners and losers in the process.