Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
Martin Evans on Why are university staff going… bobchampion on A good day for pensions, a goo… John Mather on A good day for pensions, a goo… henry tapper on As Universities prepare for a… ReservoirDon who wis… on As Universities prepare for a… Fear is bad, but so… on FEAR+FRAUD. Does Geneva= Gibra… henry tapper on Why are university staff going… Eugen Neagu on The Earth isn’t flat. How cont… henry tapper on “The Ship has sailed… henry tapper on Contingent charging will sink… Ruth Gilbert, Insuri… on HMRC and FCA complicit in the… JAMES GLASHEEN on Contingent charging will sink… Helen on Why are university staff going… Paul Brunger (@Inter… on “The Ship has sailed… Richard Bryan on The role of Cambridge Colleges…
- RT @tm_sharp: A late call for the last few places at next week's TUC Pensions Conference. Hear from @guyopperman @torstenbell @Darren_philp…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- RT @ACSLG: #Pensions team led by @DougMullen75 will be hosting #SocialHousing seminar around valuation + considerations transferring out of…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- RT @TPRgovuk: Any clients starting a business should get to know their #autoenrolment duties #B2BHour e1.m.tt/a/bcimmhvgg.ht… https://t.co/…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- A good day for pensions, a good day for the DC upgrade. lnkd.in/dNyMJXZRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- RT @henryhtapper: A good day for pensions, a good day for the DC upgrade. henrytapper.com/2018/02/22/a-g… https://t.co/4uPMy62oL1Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
Category Archives: Nick Clegg
You mentioned that there should be a default position (on mallowstreet). I have argued that there is a default decumulation position, it is a level single life annuity provided by the insurer that managed your pension accumulation. This is a “pot-luck” position and many are buying appalling annuities as a result. This is at the root of what we, Robin Ellison, Con Keating, Alan Higham , the AMNT and Kevin Wesbroom, (to name but a handful of those calling for change), are trying to address. Continue reading
Scanning the Pension Press as one does when having breakfast these days, I came across an excellent piece of reporting on Pension Insight (fast becoming one of the best on-line pension publications). New laws are to be introduced which will … Continue reading
No matter how blameless Stevie may be, he’s only as good as his team. He protests that the DWP and the Treasury are the best of mates; the malpractice exposed like Alan Higham smacks of the DWP getting a little too close to the “dark side”. Continue reading
The act of reading these stories and poems is to step into Christopher Robin’s shoes and embrace a vlue system that has driven the governing class of Britian for two hundred years. You should try it sometime- it really is scary!
Because the unions only speak for those they define as their own – they do not speak for me – nor I for them. Continue reading
My criticism of the Green Paper is that while it is long on philosophising on the impact of longevity, the need for fairness and for personal responsibility, it’s short on idntifying the winners and losers in the process.
There is a very real possibility that Nick Clegg will become our next prime minister – albeit with no overall majority. Whether he will comes down to whether voters will retain their current sense of adventure or take fright at the prospect of something quite new. Continue reading