This invitation came to me from the PMI (thanks Tim Middleton) and I imagine that many people who live in Brighton of Manchester might like to go to one of these meetings, if so – as they are public and not in the conference boundary – you can – just follow the instructions at the bottom of this blog.
As my recent blog says, CDC is the way that many of us can get ourselves a wage in retirement from our DC pots.
Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union (CWU) are delighted to invite you to a series of Party Conference breakfast roundtables on the introduction of CDC schemes in the UK.
As you are aware, Royal Mail and CWU successfully made the case to Government to bring forward the necessary legislation to enable CDCs at the earliest possible opportunity. We believe CDC is a progressive option which meets our objectives of providing sustainable, affordable and secure retirement arrangements.
Royal Mail would be delighted if you could join us at one or more of the conferences to discuss the merits of CDC and the Parliamentary processes required to make it a reality among industry colleagues and Parliamentarians.
Full details of the events can be found below; please let us know which event(s) you would be interested in attending.
- Location: The Grand, Brighton BN1 2FW
- Date and time: Monday 23rd September, 08.15 – 09.30
- Chair: David Pitt-Watson, Visiting Fellow, Cambridge Judge Business School
- Speakers: Jack Dromey MP, Shadow Pensions Minister; Jon Millidge, Director of Pension Reform, Royal Mail; Terry Pullinger, Deputy Director General (Postal), CWU
- Location: Radisson Blu, Manchester M2 5GP
- Date and time: Tuesday 1st October, 08.30 – 10.00
- Chair: Sarah Luheshi, Deputy Director, Pensions Policy Institute (PPI)
- Speakers: Guy Opperman MP, Pensions Minister (invited); Jon Millidge, Director of Pension Reform, Royal Mail; Terry Pullinger, Deputy Director General (Postal), CWU
Places for these events are limited so please RSVP by e-mailing RoyalMail@cicero-group.com.