Take a look at the picture
Two 12 year olds locked in a struggle for a try.
I was sent it by a friend because the lad in the scrum-cap is mine.
I’ve often wondered about the other lad, his face caught at the moment before he explodes into the tackle.
I asked Olly (my son) if he knew the other boy,
“just some random kid”
Yesterday morning I was meeting with a pensions manager, someone I’d met through mallowstreet. We’d had a useful discussion establishing where our organisations might work together when our conversation turrned to families.
We both had kids at local schools, both had thirteen year olds, both played rugby- on the wing.
As it happened it wasn’t her son but the kid who played on the opposite wing .. but somehow I fealt a connection had become a friend.
You can have as many connections on social media as you like. But its not the connecting but what happens next that counts!
- The State can take longevity risk. (henrytapper.com)
- Danny Cipriani makes low-key debut for Melbourne Rebels in victory over Tonga (telegraph.co.uk)
- Ten Top Pension Pairings (henrytapper.com)
- French Scrum too Fast for Scots (online.wsj.com)
- What On Earth Is Scrum? (blogs.forbes.com)