Thanks to the mathematicians who have been keeping a running tally on the investment value of my tips. Apparently I am generating a 39% Return on Investment which puts me among Britain’s top Hedge Fund Managers. You have been charged £1000 for reading that.
The big problem about tipping horses is making sure you follow your own tips so when Tea for Three trotted up in the first yesterday, every one of our party was open it but me. This gave me a warm glow in my heart and a burning sensation in my back pocket.
It was great to see such racing though the sight of the curtains being set up to allow horses to be destroyed is putting a dampener on my enthusiasm. The reality of big fields and of every horse trying their hardest is that accidents will happen and when they happen to brittle thoroughbreds at up to 40 mph, they can be fatal.
Which brings me to Leandro who is currently in hospital in Oxford having suffered a horrid head on collision when approaching our farmhouse. All of our thoughts are with him and Jenny and we wish him the speedy recovery he deserves.
It’s been foggy every day this week and this morning is no exception. Unfortunately the fog extends to my head this morning after another round of debate and on this occasion fine poetry readings from Graham Forrest-Jones and Clara Hennington (~inter alia).
For what they are worth, here are Taps Tips for Day 3 of Cheltenham 2012
1:30 Jewson Novice Chase, Wishfull Thinking
2:05 Pertemps Final, Kayf Aramis
2:40 Ryan Air Chase, Voy Por Ustedes
3:20 World Hurdle, Big Buck’s
4:00 Byrne Group Handicap, Agile D’or
4:40 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup, No Bet.
Hopefully we’ll all be back in pocket by the 4.40 which I’ve never won and ,though brilliant to watch, is a nightmare to be on. Amateur punters and amateur riders don’t mix!
- Cheltenham Festival 2012: trainer Nicky Henderson on course for record-breaking week (telegraph.co.uk)
- You: Cheltenham Bankers (sportsviews.com)
- Taps’ top tips (Cheltenham Day 1) (henrytapper.com)
- Cheltenham Festival odds should be taken on horses with best festival form (independent.co.uk)
- Cheltenham Festival favourites worth backing or opposing? (independent.co.uk)
- Now for Cheltenham. (henrytapper.com)
- Cheltenham Festival 2012: Sprinter Sacre a special one as novice lights up dark opening day (telegraph.co.uk)
- Mister Big: Cheltenham star Big Buck’s looking for fourth stayers title (mirror.co.uk)
- National Sport: Super Sacre blitzes Arkle rivals (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Edward Gillespie defends Cheltenham Festival’s uncompetitive opening day (guardian.co.uk)
- Saturday’s horse racing tips: The horses to follow in today’s big TV races (mirror.co.uk)
- Kauto Star to race in Cheltenham Gold Cup (mysanantonio.com)
- Cheltenham Day 2 – Taps’ Top Tips + Tuesday antics (henrytapper.com)
- Cheltenham Week – Crazy Trixie Nonsense (themajorversusthebookie.wordpress.com)
- My Cheltenham Selections,day 1. (tonythetipster.wordpress.com)
- Cheltenham Day One; Tuesday 13th March (longshotbetting.com)
- Can anyone beat Hurricane Fly? Racing’s experts have their say (mirror.co.uk)
- Ex-French horses may have a major advantage at the Cheltenham Festival (guardian.co.uk)
- Value Scope: Baron is a lively bet for Day 2 at Cheltenham (mirror.co.uk)
- Nicky Henderson can land the Cheltenham Gold Cup with Burton Port (guardian.co.uk)
- Bookies bets: Who the oddsmakers are backing, laying and fearing at Cheltenham this week (mirror.co.uk)
- Why Sprinter Sacre’s going right to the top of the tree (mirror.co.uk)
- Nicky Henderson keen to cash in on bumper bonus at Kempton with Cheltenham on the horizon (telegraph.co.uk)
- Racehorse Monkerty Tunkerty tipped for Cheltenham glory (dailymail.co.uk)
- 2012 Cheltenham Festival Top Trainer Preview (jumpsracing.co.uk)
- Cheltenham Festival: live – Telegraph.co.uk (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cheltenham Festival: day two – live! | Barry Glendenning (guardian.co.uk)
- Cheltenham Festival winners easy to find in the right places (independent.co.uk)
- Watering continues at Cheltenham (skysports.com)
- Betting Guide to the Cheltenham Festival Infographic (pr.com)
- Zara outfit’s good to fur-m on opening day of the Cheltenham Festival (thesun.co.uk)
- Paddy Power puts a jockey on the Uffington White Horse to promote Cheltenham Festival (thesun.co.uk)
- PICS: Zara Phillips steps out in style at Cheltenham Festival (marieclaire.co.uk)