Henley 2012 will be remembered for high winds, plenty of rain and a kind of pre-Olympic buzz among the oarsmen which was very special.
Lady Lucy went out each of the five days and a great time was had by the 60 or so of us who shared her.
These pictures .the ones I sneaked while driving the boat, if you were there with me or if you have shots of the boat from the banks or other boats, please mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org adn I’ll include them in these galleries.
The highlights of the racing for me were the Henley Ladies beating Canford in the fours, the Abingdon School eight beating Radley in the Princess Elizabeth, the Australian men in the fours and of course California State in the Grand. Times were generally forty seconds off standard reflecting the conditions.
- Lady Lucy in Henley day one (henrytapper.com)
- Henley Royal Regatta: Gloriana the star attraction (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Poem INVICTUS by William Ernest Henley (robertolunga.wordpress.com)
- Henley Regatta a Fashion Fest??? (lovenellie.wordpress.com)
- American crews win 3 titles at Henley Regatta (utsandiego.com)
- Former Olympians in royal barge Gloriana set the scene for future Games hopefuls at Henley Royal Regatta (telegraph.co.uk)
- Henley Royal Regatta 2012: paralympians get feel for Games (telegraph.co.uk)