Living near Arsenal and spending most of this week on Merseyside made Monday night’s match a must watch! London is currently top of the football league but will Liverpool take centre stage for pensions as it builds to the cultural phenomenon of hosting Eurovision?
Today I will be travelling up to the land of Dodd. along with over 1,000 others to talk pensions on Wednesday and Thursday at the PLSA conference.
But you don’t have to get on a train, stay in a hotel and take a two day vacation from managing the day job to keep informed!
You don’t even have to wait till Wednesday to stay alert to the most important issues in pensions!
This blog is at your service!
We are delighted that Pension Playpen “All Star” Con Keating has agreed to present at this morning’s coffee morning
In light of recent action by BoE this will be very much a “hot topic” for any Funder, Trustee, Actuary, Investment adviser or Fund Manager who operate a DB scheme with some or all of its strategy linked to LDI.
It should be a very thought provoking session and we hope you can join.
To register your attendance click on the link below ⬇️
You can hear more at the TUC pensions conference in the afternoon! The link to the session with Con and Iain Clacher is here
PLSA annual conference in Liverpool
You won’t get live streaming of the PLSA conference as in previous years but you will get live micro-blogging from me and many others. Just tune your phones in to #PLSAannual22 or #pensionstogether
If you’re going to Liverpool. make sure to get to the PLSA conference early or you’ll miss a cracking debate on topical issues
The PLSA are billing the opening session as their chance to;
- Provide an opening helicopter view of key challenges and priorities facing the pensions industry
- To better inform ourselves on developments and potential solutions to these issues
- Get everyone excited about being at the conference where the big issues are being discussed
And the speakers are:
We’ll be talking about;
- State of economy: In the current economic climate what are the biggest risks and challenges facing the pensions industry?
- Cost of living crisis: What role should and can pensions fund play in current cost of living crisis?
- Adequacy: Are people saving enough for retirement and, if not, what should be done about it?
- Engagement: Given the complexity of pensions, is it realistic to think that people will ever be able to fully understand pension saving?
The worlds of north and south , of digital and terrestrial and of privilege and poverty will be on show this week.
Free hotel room still available!
I still have a spare room to donate to anyone without accommodation tonight and tomorrow night – it’s in the heart of Liverpool and it’s yours for mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org