Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Richard Stott on Closet tracking; the beginning… Martin T on So how did our pension taxes d… Adrian Boulding on So how did our pension taxes d… Phil Castle on On our front door – the… Phil Castle on Are “Do it for me”… Chrus clifton on 58 years young – the rol… Martin T on “Evolution not revolutio… George Kirrin on Con Keating on “Risk and… John Mather on Con Keating on “Risk and… John Mather on Con Keating on “Risk and… Richard Chilton on “Evolution not revolutio… Averil Wood on DWP – should the top top… Brian G on Our crazy contradictions over… henry tapper on “Evolution not revolutio… Gareth Morgan on “Evolution not revolutio…
- Phoney NIC “giveaways” that penalise the poor henrytapper.com/2019/11/21/pho… https://t.co/ogW84ze0hdRestoring confidence in pensions 35 minutes ago
- Phoney NIC “giveaways” that penalise the poor henrytapper.com/2019/11/21/pho… https://t.co/G6yD7BbVLqRestoring confidence in pensions 35 minutes ago
- @meaningfulmoney @cervelloforbiz More pain losingRestoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- @paullewismoney You're right - we don't all need this bung. First he should honour incentives promised but not paid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- I hear Conservatives are thinking of giving all of us a national insurance bung as an "incentive". First he should… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: Persnal Accounts
It’s a sobering time for those involved in pensions policy and for those who are trying to advise companies and people in how to organises their finances to meet their retirement income needs. One thing people don’t want to do is guess. They … Continue reading
Let’s hope that instead of issuing yet more consultation documents on the policing of the auto enrolment regulations, the Government will , through its key Departments, DWP and the Treasury, start getting us excited about the prospect of this new order. Otherwise this new pension paradigm will degenerate, as its Stakeholder predecessor degenerated, into a fearful, unloved, unadopted and unenforced mess.
In everyday speak- the early phase NEST default investment approach is patronising nonsense and its only value is to NEST and Government Continue reading
There is no evidence that the private sector has found the secret to insuring the cost of people living longer. It has merely found ways of insuring itself against the risks of ruin.
Last year 460,000 people bought annuities from their DC pensions, Two thirds of these people did not bother to get the best rate for their accumulated funds and as a result suffered on average a 10% lower pension than those who did. Continue reading