Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad?
- Are we “too old – too fat” – or are we just not managing Covid too well?
- Can the private sector be trusted to pay us a “living pension”?
- Action is urgently needed on the net pay pension issue
- Some thoughts for IGCs and Providers on investment pathways.
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube sounds nice!Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube looking forwardsRestoring confidence in pensions 19 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube Off to Smithfield market now!Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
- We need to return to a default pension solution. At Tata, the default could and should have been the PPF, for peopl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad? henrytapper.com/2021/01/26/mor…Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
Category Archives: now
The case for Government intervention on “small pots” is made very well by Dirk Paterson It is indeed time for Government intervention, but the choices are many and each has its issues. The danger of relying on Government intervention … Continue reading
Now pensions and a host of us have written to the Treasury and this is what we’ve said. Automatic enrolment is a policy success story with nearly 10 million people saving into a workplace pension because of its introduction. … Continue reading
NOW; the muscly mastertrust with over 1.5m members, isn’t taking Pension Bee’s stinging assessment lying down. Rob Booth, has gone to some trouble to put the other side of the story. As a bag-carrying NOW fan – I’m torn – because … Continue reading
Jonathan Stapleton has written a deliberatively provocative piece in Professional Pensions which will be applauded by the operators of workplace pensions but is going to get short shrift from me. You can read Jonathan’s opinions here. The gist of Jonathan’s … Continue reading
We have to think how we can best support the 1m employers who have workplace pensions. Here are some solutions we’re coming to. Continue reading
News that one of the “big three master trusts ” was closing a significant door to new business, came as a surprise to auto-enrolment practitioners. NOW claimed to have voluntarily withdrawn itself from the Pension Regulator’s master trust assurance list, meaning … Continue reading
Amid all the noise of auto-enrolment , one master trusts has put its head down and got on with mending a damaged reputation by hard work and through decent behaviour. I’m talking about NOW pensions. NOW was set up by … Continue reading
If you are an employer and you have made a decision, there is no liability—that is clear in the legislation. If you have decided to go with NEST rather than NOW: or People’s, there is no liability that can fall … Continue reading
Thanks to NOW Pensions for this healthy myth-buster – we’ll be spreading the word so no-one gets left behind This year up to 500,000 small firms will have to comply with the new auto enrolment legislation introducing workplace pensions for … Continue reading
Well done Lesley Titcombe and hurrah for our best naval victory since Trafalgar! Continue reading