Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad?
- Are we “too old – too fat” – or are we just not managing Covid too well?
- Can the private sector be trusted to pay us a “living pension”?
- Action is urgently needed on the net pay pension issue
- Some thoughts for IGCs and Providers on investment pathways.
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube sounds nice!Restoring confidence in pensions 18 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube looking forwardsRestoring confidence in pensions 19 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube Off to Smithfield market now!Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
- We need to return to a default pension solution. At Tata, the default could and should have been the PPF, for peopl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 22 hours ago
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad? henrytapper.com/2021/01/26/mor…Restoring confidence in pensions 22 hours ago
Tag Archives: Choose a Pension
The law says you have to choose a workplace pension for your auto-enrolment eligible staff. But it doesn’t say how! The Pensions Regulator’s website, while excellent on auto-enrolment compliance, is pretty hopeless in helping you choose a pension. So … Continue reading
If someone told me they were taking 1% of your wages and investing it for you If someone told me that in two years they would be increasing this to 5% If they told me that I wouldn’t be seeing that money … Continue reading
An old colleague contacted me yesterday with a simple (but great) question. “how do you compare pension default funds”. I can speak on this for First Actuarial, who provide the investment ratings on default funds for the Pension … Continue reading
Pensions are difficult; how can buyers choose one from another? Look from the list of categories at the attributes that IFAs consider important when deciding on a pension? Confused? …… I was! The traditional … Continue reading
The standards adopted by those administering auto-enrolment have been high. Compliance to some complex problems that payroll, HR and pension providers have faced has been impressive. Sure there have been failures but countries (such as Ireland) reviewing the progress of … Continue reading
Recently I was talking with someone who used to be pension manager to one of our large retailers. She wrote to me over the weekend. She’d realised that the people doing payroll for the 1.2m employers still to stage auto-enrolment aren’t … Continue reading
The Pension PlayPen has been asked to outline the research process that lies behind the Factsheets and provider ratings on http://www.pensionplaypen.com . This is the process. The purpose of Pension PlayPen research is To establish the universe of … Continue reading
If you’re reading this, chances are you are interested in pensions. Maybe you run a small company, or advise small companies or are concerned that small companies won’t get proper guidance on what’s best when it comes to setting … Continue reading