Find what you need to know
The pension Martin Lewis?
51 years old , twice married, one son. Cambridge Graduate , Icelandic fisherman, failed management consultant. Rugby player, oarsman and double bassist.
Tries most things once- usually badly
- RT @phildogactuary: @greggmcclymont @henryhtapper Islands gregg don't forget us from NI!thanks 4 hours ago
- The Pension Plowman Daily is out! ln.is/paper.li/e2FNs Stories via @brettdavidsonthanks 7 hours ago
- @greggmcclymont new gravatar! Back to #pensions and scrutiny of pension scheme bill 4 u!thanks 7 hours ago
- RT @aspirafinancial: RT @HenryhTapper Matching payrolls to pensions ln.is/lnkd.in/UdV2Cthanks 1 day ago
- Time for the insurers to pipe down and get on with it! ln.is/wp.me/DGAU0thanks 1 day ago
- RT @pensionsmcqueen: Pensions - the second biggest reason for voting "no", says @LordAshcroft http://t.co/QmiYebKKsCthanks 1 day ago
- The Pension Plowman Daily is out! ln.is/paper.li/Oo6vI Stories via @Income_MAXthanks 1 day ago
- Matching payrolls to pensions ln.is/lnkd.in/2q4PIthanks 1 day ago
- RT @greggmcclymont: @henryhtapper I'm pleased for scotland and our friends, neighbours and partners across this island:)thanks 1 day ago
- @greggmcclymont very pleased for youthanks 1 day ago
- Time for the insurers to pipe down and get on with it!
- I've just been (pension) geeked!
- Mind the gap - who'll be supplying to auto-enrolment in years to come?
- A beginner's guide to annuities
- How HMRC passes the buck on Pension Liberation Fraud
- Pension Personality 2014 (defamation row)
- Everything you wanted to know about the AE Common Data Standard (in 500 words)
- How retirement products evolve (and revolve).
- Plumber's Pensions are safe with Penny Plumb
- "Retirement reforms and the Guidance Guarantee" - The Pension PlayPen's response
- 199,945 hits
- Actuarial science ageing AMC annuity auto enrolment BBC Britain Business Business and Economy CDC Company corporate governance corporate risk customer service David Cameron dc pensions de-risking Defined benefit pension plan Defined contribution plan Dutch DWP Economics Employment England Facebook finance Financial adviser Financial services Financial Services Authority first actuarial Funds Government Human Resources Insurance Investing Investment Investment management Legal & General Liability Driven Investment Life annuity linkedin London mallowstreet Martin Lewis Mutual fund National Employment Savings Trust NEST Open Market Option Payroll pension Pension new pension playpen Pension Pound Pension Poverty Pension Protection Fund Pension Regulator pensions Pensions Politics public sector Public Sector Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement Saving Scheme Scottish Widows social media Society Standard Life Steve Webb Treasury twitter United States Yeovil yeovil town fc
What's hot and what's notactuaries advice gap annuity auto-enrolment Bankers Change corporate governance customer service David Pitt-Watson dc pensions de-risking defined aspiration Fiduciary Management Financial Education First Actuarial happiness Henry Tapper blog mallowstreet Management NEST Payroll pension playpen pensions Personal Accounts Popcorn Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement social media Treasury twitter
NAPF Presentation on “at retirment options”
DB de-risking presntation (ppt)
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
Follow the Pension Play Pen on linkedinlang: en_US
Match your payroll to your pension<iframe id="sm_e_s" src="https://www.surveymonkey.com/jsEmbed.aspx?
Theme: Twenty Ten Proudly powered by WordPress.
Categoriesactuaries advice gap annuity auto-enrolment Bankers Change corporate governance customer service David Pitt-Watson dc pensions de-risking defined aspiration Fiduciary Management Financial Education First Actuarial happiness Henry Tapper blog mallowstreet Management NEST Payroll pension playpen pensions Personal Accounts Popcorn Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement social media Treasury twitter
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Time will tell whether the Coalition Government has created a credible and sustainable system which allows us to measure and understand “government finances and the structure of the State”.
Last year 460,000 people bought annuities from their DC pensions, Two thirds of these people did not bother to get the best rate for their accumulated funds and as a result suffered on average a 10% lower pension than those who did. Continue reading
At present, the DC affluent can protect themselves through the use of phased retirement and income drawdown. Those with small DC pots are least protected from market vagaries.
NEST has spent a good deal of time telling us how it will get its 5 million plus members up the retirement hill but very little on how it will get them down again.
That we have spent no time discussing the deaccumulation of NEST funds is a scandal. It is time for this subject to be put on the public agenda – if it is not, then NEST should be branded a half-baked project.
I’ve been growing ever more confident that NEST is going in the right direction- especially with regards investment options.
If you are in the default fund of your group personal pension you have the right to ask these questions. Continue reading
The first step in sorting out DC defaults is to establish where the buck stops and focussing appropriate resource at that point. Continue reading