Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested
- Whatever happened to the portable personal pension?
- Can pensions impact for good? They’ve no choice but to.
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- The @thefca and @TPRgovuk talk about value for savers, but there's value for spenders to think about too! thx to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- Massive withdrawals from DC pots – one in three women taking cash at 55 via corporate-adviser.com/massive-withdr… So who is talki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… The timeframes for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
Tag Archives: HM Treasury
On the face of it , the McCloud judgement looks like a civil service cock-up on a grand scale, costing the Government billions in what were thought “saved” revenues and compensating civil servants who already have gold plated pensions for … Continue reading
If the FCA want to get to grips with the problem of contingent (conditional) charging, they had better have a look at the taxation of advice and make changes in the Finance Act 2018 to the way we tax advice. First … Continue reading
I was invited yesterday to the Treasury’s “Challenge Panel” , held to discuss the proposals for the pensions dashboard, a prototype of which will emerge next month. Actually, I wasn’t invited – I went in someone else’s place. I went … Continue reading
How can the lifetime allowance possibly be part of a sustainable system of pension taxation? Good news for those unprotected pension savers who have more than £1m in your pension pots- you probably won’t be paying 55% exit penalties – … Continue reading
George Osborne has announced the Citizen Advice Bureau as the delivery mechanism for face to face guidance over the new pension reforms. The Treasury announcement is here. This doesn’t come as a surprise – CAB had been after the work and … Continue reading
We have failed 1.5m annuitants- what took us so long? Continue reading
I would go beyond Lord Hutton’s immediate proposals and suggest that we have a series of key valuation factors for all the various forms of pensions we belong to. These factors would provide a benchmark , deviation from which would be justified by specific, clearly disclosed circumstances.