Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
Richard Bryan on The rotten boroughs of the Isi… Martin Evans on Why are university staff going… bobchampion on A good day for pensions, a goo… John Mather on A good day for pensions, a goo… henry tapper on As Universities prepare for a… ReservoirDon who wis… on As Universities prepare for a… Fear is bad, but so… on FEAR+FRAUD. Does Geneva= Gibra… henry tapper on Why are university staff going… Eugen Neagu on The Earth isn’t flat. How cont… henry tapper on “The Ship has sailed… henry tapper on Contingent charging will sink… Ruth Gilbert, Insuri… on HMRC and FCA complicit in the… JAMES GLASHEEN on Contingent charging will sink… Helen on Why are university staff going… Paul Brunger (@Inter… on “The Ship has sailed…
- Could this letter have opened the lecture- room door to a pension settlement?
- Royal Mail CDC – proof of concept or the real deal?
- The rotten boroughs of the Isis and the Fens – Mike Otsuka
- A good day for pensions, a good day for the DC upgrade.
- As Universities prepare for a strike, teachers try to limit the damage
- @bspsmembers missus making me watch news at 10 insteadRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- The rotten boroughs of the Isis and the Fens – Mike Otsuka lnkd.in/ezR76eDRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- The FCA can excel; the “non-workplace pension” paper’s a model of its kind henrytapper.com/2018/02/04/the… https://t.co/fPDVeUdquERestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- The FCA can excel; the “non-workplace pension” paper’s a model of its kind henrytapper.com/2018/02/04/the… https://t.co/mN2jtRPetkRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- I still want to be paid when I retire! henrytapper.com/2018/02/18/i-s… https://t.co/Yj9htZ07YGRestoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
Tag Archives: Transfer
How did a pension company who nobody’s ever heard of create a pension video that’s had 25,000 views in two days? Here’s how; the company’s Pension Bee, the subject “how to transfer your pension away from Aegon” “It’s your money, … Continue reading
I worry the work on transparency is hypothetical – that it lacks practical application – that it has no immediate value to the consumer. But then I think of the conversations I’ve been having with consumers – these past four … Continue reading
I was talking last night to a senior financial journalist about NOW pensions. In the catalogue of actions that the Pensions Regulator can call upon, insisting on the inclusion of Dalriada Trustees, is perhaps the most alarming. Dalriada is a … Continue reading
Wherever possible – organisations should aspire to be transparent in their dealings, sharing information with all stakeholders. Bank wins by being straight with customers Making information difficult to access causes problems. My friends at Quietroom tell the story of how, … Continue reading
Earlier this year I wrote a blog “why some transfers are ridiculously high” which set out to explain how DB transfer values are calculated and why they are at present at historical highs. My friend and colleague Alan Smith presented the … Continue reading
We’ve had fuss about how hard it is to move your bank account, we’ve had fuss about how hard it is to switch utility supplier, but how hard is it to merge your pension accounts so that your pot follows … Continue reading
It’s a shame that Alistair Cunningham’s thought-piece on behavioural bias’ encouraging herds of us to “cash-out” our DB pensions, is behind a pay-wall. If you are an FT subscriber you can use the link at the end of … Continue reading
James Greer of Old Mutual is reminding financial advisors that there’s a risk of advising clients to stay put and not take a DB Transfer Value. Our data suggests that only about 15% of transfer values applied for are taken … Continue reading
The FCA has published a very scary note intended for advisers recommending transfers from Defined Benefit schemes . In its statement published on Tuesday, the FCA revealed further failings in the pension transfer advice market, the regulator said some advisors … Continue reading