Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad?
- Are we “too old – too fat” – or are we just not managing Covid too well?
- Can the private sector be trusted to pay us a “living pension”?
- Action is urgently needed on the net pay pension issue
- Some thoughts for IGCs and Providers on investment pathways.
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube sounds nice!Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube looking forwardsRestoring confidence in pensions 19 hours ago
- @torfinancialdav @YouTube Off to Smithfield market now!Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
- We need to return to a default pension solution. At Tata, the default could and should have been the PPF, for peopl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad? henrytapper.com/2021/01/26/mor…Restoring confidence in pensions 21 hours ago
Tag Archives: Fun
Saturday Report By Matt Fletcher, Nicola Oliver and John Roberts COVID-ARG.COM COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group – Learn. Share. Educate. Influence. COVID-19 is still one of the hottest topics for scientific papers and articles. The COVID‑19 Actuaries Response … Continue reading
I’m on the Flying Scotsman to York (the Yorkshireman). My carriage is full of pensioners (including me), people thanking their lucky stars they’ve got the chance to ride behind this famous loco and sit in a beautiful compartment. And the … Continue reading
In case you didn’t notice, Notting Hill Carnival happened this weekend and everyone had a good time! This was despite police scaremongering Or the ring of steel put round the carnival that made Europe’s largest street festival rather hard to … Continue reading
The photo is of two college friends who had a full page splash in this weekend’s Sunday Times. Alison, was born a few days before me and we were at College together, Matthew met her at Mckinsey in the … Continue reading
The Pension Play Pen Linked in Group was set up in 2007 to be an alternative to corporate hospitality for those who either couldn’t or wouldn’t accept corporate invites. The ideas was then/ is now, that when people want to … Continue reading
Yesterday I went to an interesting debate in the Safari Bar of the Maharaja’s Express. The debate was moderated by a suave Anglo- Indian and attended by a motley crew of travellers from Britain, the US, India and Australia. … Continue reading
If you read my blogs you’ll know that I see the Blockchain as boring and beautiful at the same time. It is boring because it creates a central purchasing ledger and it is beautiful because it puts millions of boring … Continue reading
Sex- the final frontier – at least in our perception of pensions and pensioners. I ‘m sure that the concept of recreational sex for the over 70s is not a dinner-party favourite for yuppies like my friend Jeroen Wilbrink . It’s … Continue reading
Thanks to Martin Baker – fellow Yeovil Town enthusiast for this nice juxtaposition. The Lord Giveth-and the Lord Taketh Away -these articles appeared within four days of each other. Perhaps Express newspapers worked out that putting “Pension ” on the front … Continue reading