Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested
- Whatever happened to the portable personal pension?
- Can pensions impact for good? They’ve no choice but to.
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- The @thefca and @TPRgovuk talk about value for savers, but there's value for spenders to think about too! thx to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- Massive withdrawals from DC pots – one in three women taking cash at 55 via corporate-adviser.com/massive-withdr… So who is talki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r… The timeframes for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
- A roadmap that would fundamentally change the way our money is invested henrytapper.com/2021/09/27/a-r…Restoring confidence in pensions 7 hours ago
Tag Archives: British Steel
The MP’s Nick Smith and Stephen Kinnock held a press conference yesterday to remind the FCA that 3 years after the hard closure of “Time To Choose” , steelworkers are still waiting for something to happen by way of compensation … Continue reading
News that Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC) has rescued those former members of the British Steel Pension Scheme who are currently in the PPF assessment period has been widely promoted by PIC’s financial PRs and got some favourable coverage in … Continue reading
Here is the decision taken by the FCA on how advice is charged for on DB transfers. It is precisely the position that I had hoped for and will ensure that DB schemes will continue to provide pensions to many … Continue reading
Jingye deal for British Steel expected to secure thousands of jobs https://t.co/lqGTFIob31 — Stefan #Labour:ForTheManyNotTheFew #GTTO (@SZaitschenko) November 11, 2019 There ought to be some gallows humour up at Scunny this morning. After all, the issues British Steel has had, … Continue reading
As the initial euphoria of ‘never having to buy an annuity again’ wears off, the prospect of freedoms becomes less appealing Whether ‘sausage and chips’ or ‘chicken in the basket’, the ‘factory gating’ that has gone on in South Wales … Continue reading
I have been following a series of tweets from Jo Cumbo; they concern an interview with a man who has recently “encashed” his pension with the cash being invested in a drawdown product. He is 57, has worked for British … Continue reading
Though the details of Tata’s offer to the members of the British Steel Pension Scheme (BSPS) are only sketchy , it is clear that they are focussed on members getting “PPF+” on existing benefits and a defined benefit pension … Continue reading
First Actuarial’s Best estimate (FAB) Index improved again in March showing a surplus of £294bn across the 6,000 UK defined benefit schemes. This continues to buck the trend with the PPF 7800 index falling for the third month in a … Continue reading
Speaking on the radio yesterday, John Ralfe called the decision of Tata Staff to accept the loss of future accrual into a final salary scheme in exchange for a 10% contribution into a DC pension fund as … Continue reading