Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots?
- “Further and faster”- the white heat of pension consolidation.
- Small DC schemes must be guided by data – not self interest.
- Covid lessons for the UK from Taiwan and South Korea-Gordon Woo
- It’s been a “long day coming”- and a change is going to come
- @JohnRalfe1 @FinancialTimes @GuyOpperman Perhaps they represent the gold standard to which smaller schemes aspire?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- It is important that there is clear guidance from the Pensions Regulator on what is best practice in this area. Thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots? henrytapper.com/2021/06/23/who… It is important that there is clear gui… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- Who picks up the cost of consolidating member pots? henrytapper.com/2021/06/23/who…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- @JosephineCumbo The new pension scheme stands to benefit from the increased AUM and should ensure that the member's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: investment pathways
Yet another consultation (the 11th this year) arrives from the FCA, looking to nudge people of my age into the arms of Pension Wise and away from scammers. This looks sticking plaster on a wound that will continue to bleed … Continue reading
What is going wrong? It appears that the PLSA has fallen out with the DWP and the Pensions Minister in particular. Yesterday the PLSA’s Director of Policy publicly criticized the Pension Minister for failing to adopt its proposals on “Guided … Continue reading
Jo Cumbo and the FT are road testing the Government’s new pensions comparison site which helps people select a later life provider to pay them their money back via the four investment pathways. The worry for Jo and it’s … Continue reading
RIP’s or investment pathways as they are more commonly known, don’t default you into a course of action but ask you to choose between four courses of action (with the option to do whatever you like as a fifth). They … Continue reading
As regular readers will know, I campaign for better information to be made available to savers about their pension pots and to help people understand their pot, have formed a company, AgeWage. AgeWage.com helps people make sense of their pots … Continue reading
There is a section of the FCA’s rulebook entitled PERG/8/28 which deals with the vexed subject of guidance and advice. . When answering the question “do you give advice?” PERG/8/28 is helpful. The Pension Advisory Service sees advice as “delivering … Continue reading
Since publishing this article , LGIM has made a statement on the closure of the L&G helplines – you can read the statement here L&G’s IGC has published its fifth report for savers ; here is the link for … Continue reading