Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- If you’re an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension.
- Covid may not have made us older – let’s hope it’s making us wiser.
- The Money and Pensions Service is in a mess – and it needs to be told so.
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the… The bifurcation between the pension… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- I am not excited by Pension Wise and despite this service running for six years, neither is the general population.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Tag Archives: investment pathways
Yet another consultation (the 11th this year) arrives from the FCA, looking to nudge people of my age into the arms of Pension Wise and away from scammers. This looks sticking plaster on a wound that will continue to bleed … Continue reading
What is going wrong? It appears that the PLSA has fallen out with the DWP and the Pensions Minister in particular. Yesterday the PLSA’s Director of Policy publicly criticized the Pension Minister for failing to adopt its proposals on “Guided … Continue reading
Jo Cumbo and the FT are road testing the Government’s new pensions comparison site which helps people select a later life provider to pay them their money back via the four investment pathways. The worry for Jo and it’s … Continue reading
RIP’s or investment pathways as they are more commonly known, don’t default you into a course of action but ask you to choose between four courses of action (with the option to do whatever you like as a fifth). They … Continue reading
As regular readers will know, I campaign for better information to be made available to savers about their pension pots and to help people understand their pot, have formed a company, AgeWage. AgeWage.com helps people make sense of their pots … Continue reading
There is a section of the FCA’s rulebook entitled PERG/8/28 which deals with the vexed subject of guidance and advice. . When answering the question “do you give advice?” PERG/8/28 is helpful. The Pension Advisory Service sees advice as “delivering … Continue reading
Since publishing this article , LGIM has made a statement on the closure of the L&G helplines – you can read the statement here L&G’s IGC has published its fifth report for savers ; here is the link for … Continue reading