Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- Tik-Tok for pensions? You’d be surprised.
- The value of Ellie Kime’s pension saving
- Vaxxing the unvaxxed – top tips from revolutionary actuaries!
- Nick Smith MP is right – the British Steel pension transfers are a special case.
- Here they grow again – Cushon buys Creative – Pension Bee doubles assets in a year!
- We are looking to bring 18-22 year olds within the scope of auto-enrolment. If we do, then we are going to find the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- Tik-Tok for pensions? You'd be surprised. henrytapper.com/2022/01/23/tik… We are looking to bring 18-22 year olds within th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- Tik-Tok for pensions? You’d be surprised. henrytapper.com/2022/01/23/tik…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- Keep saving Ellie Kime and up your rates when you can- you’re not saving enough but you know that! You know the imp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: investment pathways
The latest statement of intent by the FCA to improve value for money in workplace pensions arrived yesterday as Policy Statement 21/12. This is not a discussion paper but new rules which came into force yesterday and the not so … Continue reading
Yet another consultation (the 11th this year) arrives from the FCA, looking to nudge people of my age into the arms of Pension Wise and away from scammers. This looks sticking plaster on a wound that will continue to bleed … Continue reading
What is going wrong? It appears that the PLSA has fallen out with the DWP and the Pensions Minister in particular. Yesterday the PLSA’s Director of Policy publicly criticized the Pension Minister for failing to adopt its proposals on “Guided … Continue reading
Jo Cumbo and the FT are road testing the Government’s new pensions comparison site which helps people select a later life provider to pay them their money back via the four investment pathways. The worry for Jo and it’s … Continue reading
RIP’s or investment pathways as they are more commonly known, don’t default you into a course of action but ask you to choose between four courses of action (with the option to do whatever you like as a fifth). They … Continue reading
As regular readers will know, I campaign for better information to be made available to savers about their pension pots and to help people understand their pot, have formed a company, AgeWage. AgeWage.com helps people make sense of their pots … Continue reading
There is a section of the FCA’s rulebook entitled PERG/8/28 which deals with the vexed subject of guidance and advice. . When answering the question “do you give advice?” PERG/8/28 is helpful. The Pension Advisory Service sees advice as “delivering … Continue reading
Since publishing this article , LGIM has made a statement on the closure of the L&G helplines – you can read the statement here L&G’s IGC has published its fifth report for savers ; here is the link for … Continue reading