Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… henry tapper on “Saved enough to stop wo… Adrian Boulding on Schemes consolidate-pots proli… John Mather on “Saved enough to stop wo… Stuart Fowler on How a British Steel redress sc… con keating on Private markets – where… Jnamdoc on Private markets – where… Brian G on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… Eugen N on Is TPR setting too high a bar… Stuart Fowler on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… Brian G on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… henry tapper on Is TPR setting too high a bar…
- Downing Street’s three pension interventions this century.
- Schemes consolidate-pots proliferate;- tPR’s mixed news
- “Saved enough to stop work?” – the impact of pension freedoms on the labour market
- Auto-enrolment upgrade? Let’s sort out state benefits first.
- Private markets – where do pension fees go?
- We need to get back to Turner and think about a pension system as a way of countering the negative impact of an age… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Downing Street’s three pension interventions this century. henrytapper.com/2022/01/29/dow…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- @RoyalMail @mbailey261 I have stayed in all day for my tracked item to come and no one has turned up. I have to wai… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 16 hours ago
- Are we in a stock market crash? henrytapper.com/2022/01/24/are…Restoring confidence in pensions 16 hours ago
- Can Stephen Timms cut the Gordian Knot and unbind FAS pensions? henrytapper.com/2022/01/25/can…Restoring confidence in pensions 16 hours ago
Tag Archives: Nigel Wilson
Not for the first time I have been encouraged in my work by L&G’s CEO Nigel Wilson. There have been times when this has been face to face, this morning it was on Radio 5’s Wake up to Money. Nigel … Continue reading
Today we see the launch of the Government’s new industrial strategy. Five Live’s “Wake up to Money” program came from the white heat of a Coventry industrial research plant. Last week Nigel Wilson called for us to put back the Capital into Capitalism … Continue reading
It’s budget day and Nigel Wilson has been on Wake up to Money, urging the Chancellor to encourage Britain to invest positively for its future. He tells us that Britain has “Capitalism without the Capital”, he’s right and I’m with the … Continue reading
All week we have been discussing how best to manage and measure Britain’s “pension deficits”. The FAB index which First Actuarial introduced last weekend has made quite an impression. My friend Rob Hammond will be on MoneyBox tomorrow lunchtime ; … Continue reading
I am with Nigel Wilson on this “QE was designed by the rich for the rich; it drove up the price of assets rather than creating new ones and there has never been so much money available as today”, It’s … Continue reading
I doubt if SoftBank had launched its take over bid for ARM holdings today rather in the weeks following the referendum, it would have found life so easy. Recent comments from Theresa May suggest that Britain will, for the … Continue reading
I had a very odd conversation with my partner last night while watching the Human League at Windsor racecourse – hooray! The Human League are nothing to do with this blog though I now discover they suffered from having too … Continue reading
This blog (and the Pension Plowman) have been a fan of L&G for some years. We admire L&G for its pioneering work on auto-enrolment, for its support of Pension PlayPen and for its work on engagement through what its CEO … Continue reading