Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… Smith Williams on The Bitcoin scam – that… henry tapper on “Saved enough to stop wo… Adrian Boulding on Schemes consolidate-pots proli… John Mather on “Saved enough to stop wo… Stuart Fowler on How a British Steel redress sc… con keating on Private markets – where… Jnamdoc on Private markets – where… Brian G on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… Eugen N on Is TPR setting too high a bar… Stuart Fowler on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… Brian G on Stuart Fowler asks “is a… henry tapper on Is TPR setting too high a bar…
- The use and abuse of pension’s “tax-free cash”.
- Downing Street’s three pension interventions this century.
- Schemes consolidate-pots proliferate;- tPR’s mixed news
- “Saved enough to stop work?” – the impact of pension freedoms on the labour market
- Auto-enrolment upgrade? Let’s sort out state benefits first.
- We need to get back to Turner and think about a pension system as a way of countering the negative impact of an age… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- Downing Street’s three pension interventions this century. henrytapper.com/2022/01/29/dow…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago
- @RoyalMail @mbailey261 I have stayed in all day for my tracked item to come and no one has turned up. I have to wai… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
- Are we in a stock market crash? henrytapper.com/2022/01/24/are…Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
- Can Stephen Timms cut the Gordian Knot and unbind FAS pensions? henrytapper.com/2022/01/25/can…Restoring confidence in pensions 17 hours ago
Tag Archives: Pot
We need to sort out pensions and we pensions need to sort out the climate. These are the challenges we face and I’m pleased to see Government is on to them! Over the weekend , I tried to put the … Continue reading
It is odd thinking of the work that goes into the valuation of Defined Benefit Schemes, that so little has been done to help individuals value their DC pots. I don’t mean by that the monetary worth of a DC … Continue reading
There’s not been much discussion about the HMRC’s latest update on what’s being drawn down from our pensions and what there has been has interpreted the data differently. Alistair Mcqueen has tweeted positively New pension freedom data out today. Total … Continue reading
Gina Miller is right on this Encouraging people to go green with their #pensions is an excellent aspiration but be very cautious @GuyOpperman Until @TheFCA protects consumers by granting 100% transparency of holdings, acts to stop #greenwashing – this could … Continue reading
The FCA’s latest market data was published last week and it’s highlighted trends that I’ve been identifying on this blog for a few months. Just over 645,000 pension plans were accessed to buy an annuity, move into drawdown or take … Continue reading
Hello and thanks for your interest! This mega-blog should be helpful to people who are 55 or older and have money “stuck” in pensions which they could do with to replace income from work. “Stuck” is the right word, most … Continue reading
Government pension projects rarely succeed and where they do succeed – it is because the public and private sectors find a way to work together. There are exceptions – the state pension and unfunded public sector schemes are pretty … Continue reading
Whether you are in charge of the PPF , one of the 13 Carillion defined benefit schemes, or any one of the thousand or so “distressed” pension schemes that might no have a sponsor able to bale it out;-the term … Continue reading
I’m as free as a bird can be when “freedom” is defined and confined by HMRC. “Me” as case study; I have a pension pot which wealth managers call “big” but can only supply me with an income of £15,000 … Continue reading