Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms
- Pension Wise is not on the consumer front line- it’s not even on the sideline.
- If you’re an Uber driver , you have a NOW pension.
- Covid may not have made us older – let’s hope it’s making us wiser.
- The Money and Pensions Service is in a mess – and it needs to be told so.
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- The bifurcation between the pension haves and the pension "have nots", is a direct consequence of the failure of pe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the… The bifurcation between the pension… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- The politics of personal pensions and pension freedoms henrytapper.com/2021/09/26/the…Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago
- I am not excited by Pension Wise and despite this service running for six years, neither is the general population.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
Tag Archives: John Kay
The controversy over the University Superannuation Scheme’s current valuation sums up all that’s gone wrong with defined benefit pension schemes. Let’s start with the view of John Kay, one of Britain’s most respected and outspoken economists. John Kay, one of … Continue reading
While several European countries pause their vaccine rollout to look into blood clots, this would seem an ideal time to clear up once and for all whether the vaccine is causing pregnancies, sunburn, and taking up smoking! https://t.co/sXoY4li9MS — stuart … Continue reading
Exclamation: Master @JohnRalfe1! Mervyn King has now joined UCU and is spouting what you call “#USS #smokescreen and pure #UCU #bollocks“! Calling Bazooka @mikeotsuka and Plowman @henryhtapper https://t.co/OFuewk3ER7 — John Ralfebot (@Ralfebot) September 6, 2018 One of the joys of … Continue reading
We’ve got used to thinking of fund managers as the kings of the lot. They are at the top of food chain in terms of pay and the respect offered them by the rest of the financial community. So the … Continue reading
Passive management must be valued In a lukewarm response to the FCA’s Asset Management Market study, John Kaye comments. Greater transparency of charges will do little harm, but will also make little difference. Those customers who do focus on price … Continue reading
Nigel Wilson is becoming a hero of mine. The CEO of Legal &General was on Wake up to Money this morning (24th Feb) and I’m about to download the podcast to listen to him again. I like the man’s common sense … Continue reading
I spent yesterday morning listening to John Kay talk about the ideas behind his new book “Other people’s Money”. The big idea is that the UK asset management industry spends too much time talking to itself and not enough … Continue reading
I had read Professor John Kay‘s Review of UK Equity markets and long-term decision making but it wasn’t till I heard him speak yesterday that I “got it”. Kay’s concern for the state of the UK financial services market goes much … Continue reading
This is the question we’ll be debating at today’s pension play pen lunch. I’m a little daunted . I’ve read Professor John Kay‘s excellent paper about how equities work, should work and why they could work better. He’s in the middle … Continue reading