Artificially depressed interest rates drive up DB deficits and depress annuities but the pressure on life companies and pension schemes to adopt Solvency II recedes as the UK distances itself from Brussels.
The price of the settlement on public sector pensions is later state retirement ages for everyone.
NEST‘s first complete year of trading finds it running behind projected revenues ;- other mastertrusts and lower cost personal pensions make it redundant. Pressure mounts for its shackles to be broken before 2017.
Steve Webb tells sponsors they must offer advice not cash to incentivise PIEs and ETVs. Many IFAs facing the RDR turn to advising on “at retirement” issues.
Finally 2012 sees pressure mount to find ways to risk-share in DC with the focus firmly on collective decumulation.
- Don’t put your swaptions on the stage Mrs Redington! (henrytapper.com)
- We won’t reinvigorate workplace savings like this (henrytapper.com)
- Pension plans could spell disaster – Confused.com (confused.com)
- Workplace pensions: A guide to auto-enrolment (confused.com)
- Club Pension! (henrytapper.com)
- Former Enron trader and Obama funder is behind public pension privatization. (preaprez.wordpress.com)