If you’ve been reading last week’s blogs you may have spotted a plan developing.
I’m certain that collective DC is the way forward for all but a small minority of us who will be drawing on funded pensions.
I’m certain that we will still be saying this in 2021 unless someone comes up with a way of converting words into action.
My blog yesterday on “Cyberbury” introduced the idea not so much of the wisdom of the crowd as the wisdom of the cloud. Most of us are aware of the term “cloud computing” without quite being able to pin it down. My understanding is that from the “Babel” that is the twitter timeline, the blogosphere, Linkedin , Facebook… trends develop.
Within the firmament, certain clouds become so laden with humidity and electricity that they eventually burst – these clouds are the cyber-rainmakers! Within cyber communities certain individuals make most noise- I think of Rob and Dawid at mallowstreet, Mark Rowlinson at First Actuarial, Hamish Wilson at his eponymous firm.
Individually we have no voice, no rain-making capacity. Collectively our voice can be heard, witness the influence we’ve had on the RPI/CPI debate. This is a new kind of lobbying that works when Government are listening and when those seeking innovation are well organised. We are at that moment in time when the means of organisation, the propensity of Government to listen and the will of those seeking change has coincided.
the means- the Cloud,
the voice- the Crowd,
to change the rules and make things happen.
Get onto the cloud,
- Collectivism is alive and well and living in Cyberbury (henrytapper.com)
- MicrosoftCloud.biz – CIO’s guide to the Business Benefits of Microsoft Cloud Computing. (cloudbestpractices.net)
- Portland-Based Cloudability Named As One of the Most Promising Cloud Companies of 2011 (prweb.com)
- Using the cloud to determine key strengths (superconductor.voltage.com)
- Should’ve gone to mallowstreet. (henrytapper.com)
- CDC pensions could happen – if we put our minds to it. (henrytapper.com)
- Cloud Security Still as Unpredictable as the Weather (h30501.www3.hp.com)
- Guaranteed Minimum Price-tags (GMPs) (firstactuarial.wordpress.com)
- Coalition – come clean on your plan for our pension. (henrytapper.com)
- Comment is free readers on … pensions | The people’s panel (guardian.co.uk)
- The Economist: Behavioral Econ and DC Pensions: Sobering (richandco.wordpress.com)