Here’s your invite!
Our webinar will discuss some of the key issues for companies to consider as they begin to plan for their 31 December 2018 year-end pension accounting disclosures. This will include developments in assumptions, funding levels and accounting practice.
A key issue this year will be the potential cost of equalising guaranteed minimum pensions (GMPs) for men and women. The High Court has ruled in the Lloyds Banking Group case that pension schemes must equalise GMPs. This will potentially add between 1% and 3% to the liabilities of most pension schemes. Although, there are still several unknowns it is expected that auditors will require an allowance for GMP equalisation in year-end pension accounting disclosures. Our webinar will consider the latest thinking on this issue and the impact for companies.
To book your place on our webinar please visit: https://bookings.firstactuarial.co.uk/
The webinar will be held at 2pm on Wednesday 21 November and will be presented by Catherine Lockyer, John Ingoe and Sam Mullock. It will last around 40 minutes and there will be the opportunity to ask questions of First Actuarial’s experts.
We hope that you can join us. For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
George Kirrin on Has tPR just signed its own de… Henry Tapper on Has tPR just signed its own de… Robert on The Simpler Pension Statement… George Kirrin on Has tPR just signed its own de… Eugen N on Latest COVID-19 hospital admis… Saul Jacka on Has tPR just signed its own de… Bob Compton on Has tPR just signed its own de… Martin T on Staying motivated with tough t… Derek Benstead on John Snow or Great Barrington?… Derek Benstead on Has tPR just signed its own de… John Mather on The Simpler Pension Statement… The value you get fo… on Old Mutual IGC- “it… Jnamdoc on Has tPR just signed its own de… Eugen N on Has tPR just signed its own de… John Mather on Has tPR just signed its own de…
- @0506Jimmy @ActuaryByDay Moral hazard! Vaccinate me or I'll sneeze all over you!Restoring confidence in pensions 10 hours ago
- Broad strategies can be successful at reducing R but may come at a high economic cost. Strategies which focus on re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 11 hours ago
- Super-spreading the pandemic henrytapper.com/2020/10/19/sup…Restoring confidence in pensions 11 hours ago
- The Government has ducked the key issue and will not be mandating the disclosure of what we pay for our pension on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago
- @JosephineCumbo @GuyOpperman We have a new measure in VFM, but until we have a common definition and a common curre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 12 hours ago