Here’s your invite!
Our webinar will discuss some of the key issues for companies to consider as they begin to plan for their 31 December 2018 year-end pension accounting disclosures. This will include developments in assumptions, funding levels and accounting practice.
A key issue this year will be the potential cost of equalising guaranteed minimum pensions (GMPs) for men and women. The High Court has ruled in the Lloyds Banking Group case that pension schemes must equalise GMPs. This will potentially add between 1% and 3% to the liabilities of most pension schemes. Although, there are still several unknowns it is expected that auditors will require an allowance for GMP equalisation in year-end pension accounting disclosures. Our webinar will consider the latest thinking on this issue and the impact for companies.
To book your place on our webinar please visit: https://bookings.firstactuarial.co.uk/
The webinar will be held at 2pm on Wednesday 21 November and will be presented by Catherine Lockyer, John Ingoe and Sam Mullock. It will last around 40 minutes and there will be the opportunity to ask questions of First Actuarial’s experts.
We hope that you can join us. For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Robert on 5 ways to stay happy on a lock… Tim Simpson on Pension Playpen to relaunch as… ConKeating on DWP frees up workplace pension… Victoria Hampton on Where’s best to build my… John Roberts on How Soon Will We See the Benef… ian layton on Where’s best to build my… Eugen N on Where’s best to build my… henry tapper on How Soon Will We See the Benef… Derek Scott on Going to work? How London stay… Giannis Waymouth on Going to work? How London stay… Richard Chilton on How Soon Will We See the Benef… ConKeating on Going to work? How London stay… Martin T on Stay safe everyone – thi… Martin T on Stay safe everyone – thi… henry tapper on Stay safe everyone – thi…
- @Sjg3G @Cunningham_UK @DavidPenneyPRW @McphailTom I need a motorbike to beat you!Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- @Sjg3G @Cunningham_UK @DavidPenneyPRW @McphailTom That doesn't look like a jog to me!Restoring confidence in pensions 6 hours ago
- @chrisradford10 @GSK It may be psychosomatic!Restoring confidence in pensions 8 hours ago
- Phil Redding has explained to me how little trust we should put in diversification in navigating our way through c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 13 hours ago
- I know I am blessed and I can count my blessings! If you’re safe – why don’t you count yours? lnkd.in/d6Tk3g7Restoring confidence in pensions 14 hours ago