The next Pension Playpen coffee morning will look at CDC through the eyes of Adrian Boulding, Steve Taylor and Chris Bunford.
But I hope this won’t be another panel agreeing with each other. We have some big guns lined up in the audience with other views, one wrote to me this morning
CDC Is the worst option of all options. If you want, split it into a DB and a DC. Any other design is flawed badly…
If CDC is to happen , we need to get past the “what is it?” – “what are the risks?” – “can pensions go down?” questions and move on to some commercials
Who would seed this?
Can a “for profit” model pay proper pensions?
Who will provide the backstop capital in the early days?
How will commercial operators provide a return to their investors?
Today -Tuesday August 22, 2023 10:30 am we will debate and debate hard.
Because CDC is now more than an actuarial and legal concept. It is quite possibly the way that your and my pension pots will be paid to us as a pension.
So we have an
The panel for “CDC a new hope” includes Steve Taylor from LCP, Chris Bunford from GP Actuarial and Adrian Boulding from The RSA CDC Alliance. The discussion will include:
- A (very short) Intro to CDC, where we currently are and why people might want it?
- Where we are heading and multi-employer CDC?
- Can Decumulation-only CDC help?
And it should be an excellent opportunity to hear the panels views and indeed it is likely to be a “lively ” Q&A Session.
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)