Following brief employment at a pound shop, Muhammad Shahid Nazir, a Pakistani immigrant to the United Kingdom from the town of Pattoki, Kasur in Punjab, began work on a fish stall at Queen’s Market, Upton Park where his employer instructed him to use a trader’s call to attract customers.
He soon composed the song “One Pound Fish” with the lyrics:
- One pound fish, one pound fish
- Have-a, have-a look
- One pound fish
- Very, very good, very, very cheap
- One pound fish
- Six for five pound one pound each
- Here is the latest news. Shahid has not been deported to Pakistan (as reported by the Daily Mail). He went to Pakistan to get a visa to release his song in France (as reported by everyone else)
Un poisson qui coûte un euro…..etc
- Yolanda Riley, 20, travelled from Ashford in Kent just to meet him. She says:
“I am obsessed with his song, I had to meet him.
“He smelt like fish but he was amazing. I’m so happy now.”
- Many of us smell of pensions ….
- TAKE THE POLL!
- What smells worse?
- And he’s got a nice Mum
- Muhammad Shahid Nazir to follow PSY? (kingsofar.com)
- VIDEO: One Pound Fish man ‘not deported’ (bbc.co.uk)
- VIDEO: One Pound Fish Man’s pop quest (bbc.co.uk)
- One Pound Fish man, Shahid Nazir, faces deportation from UK over visa issue (thenewstribe.com)
- Whale of a tale: Pakistani fishmonger now pop star (sacbee.com)
- ‘One Pound Fish’ man Muhammad Shahid Nazir receives hero’s welcome upon Pakistan return (metro.co.uk)
- Muhammad Shahid Nazir, Fishmonger From Pakistan, Is England’s Newest Star (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Muhammad Shahid Nazir’s ‘One Pound Fish’ Music Video A YouTube Hit (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- One Pound Fish singer returns home (bigpondnews.com)
- Come And Get Your One Pound Fish By Muhammad Shahid Nazir (americanlivewire.com)