On 1st January this year, Her Majesty The Queen made me a Knight of the Realm. On 27th January, President Donald Trump seems to have made me an alien.
I am a British citizen who has lived in America for the past six years – working hard, contributing to society, paying my taxes and bringing up our four children in the place they now call home. Now, me and many others like me are being told that we may not be welcome. It’s deeply troubling that I will have to tell my children that Daddy might not be able to come home – to explain why the President has introduced a policy that comes from a place of ignorance and prejudice.
I was welcomed into Britain from Somalia at eight years old and given the chance to succeed and realise my dreams. I have been proud to represent my country, win medals for the British people and receive the greatest honour of a knighthood. My story is an example of what can happen when you follow polices of compassion and understanding, not hate and isolation.
Mo Farah, Facebook (Jan 27)
Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
Malcolm Delahaye on Kevin Wesbroom sees some worth… Mark Meldon on Self-sufficiency for pensions. PeterCB on As Carillion goes bust, First… henry tapper on As Carillion goes bust, First… henry tapper on Don’t panic about Carill… henry tapper on As Carillion goes bust, First… henry tapper on Here’s how to take the c… Stuart Fowler on Here’s how to take the c… John Mather on Here’s how to take the c… Patrick Lee (@pjlee0… on How Facebook works for pe… Christopher Lean on Police probe at Port Talbot is… Con Keating on A call for light touch regulat… Adrian Boulding on A call for light touch regulat… Adrian Boulding on Police probe at Port Talbot is… John Mather on Police probe at Port Talbot is…
- @JohnRalfe1 @sus_pension Yes- and very proud to be!Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- @callumbeattieuk @glesgabrighton Boat can take the band+++ you can play to the best pubs. The Bounty at Bourne End is the best!Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- @sus_pension This parent is supporting #UCU and so is his son.Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- RT @SierChris: @RobinJPowell @langcatmike @AttractaMooney @chrisflood_FTfm @henryhtapper @TransparencyTF @ElCurwen @paullewismoney @Lowermy…Restoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- RT @henryhtapper: First Actuarial on CDC (submission to W&P Select). henrytapper.com/2018/01/21/fir… https://t.co/DOgbhxnaGGRestoring confidence in pensions 5 hours ago