On 1st January this year, Her Majesty The Queen made me a Knight of the Realm. On 27th January, President Donald Trump seems to have made me an alien.
I am a British citizen who has lived in America for the past six years – working hard, contributing to society, paying my taxes and bringing up our four children in the place they now call home. Now, me and many others like me are being told that we may not be welcome. It’s deeply troubling that I will have to tell my children that Daddy might not be able to come home – to explain why the President has introduced a policy that comes from a place of ignorance and prejudice.
I was welcomed into Britain from Somalia at eight years old and given the chance to succeed and realise my dreams. I have been proud to represent my country, win medals for the British people and receive the greatest honour of a knighthood. My story is an example of what can happen when you follow polices of compassion and understanding, not hate and isolation.
Mo Farah, Facebook (Jan 27)
Find what you need to know
here’s what you’ve been saying
Catherine on Business gurus, leave our kids… Roger on FEAR+FRAUD. Does Geneva= Gibra… Adrian Boulding on Dashboard – heads or… henry tapper on We are losing women leaders- w… Gerry Flynn on We are losing women leaders- w… Rob Reid on We are losing women leaders- w… Adrian Boulding on We are losing women leaders- w… henry tapper on Why should we have to “e… henry tapper on Why should we have to “e… Jasper on Why should we have to “e… Simon Apperley on Why should we have to “e… Stephen Huppert on The self-employed are engaged-… henry tapper on The self-employed are engaged-… Michelle Cracknell on The self-employed are engaged-… henry tapper on Expel the corporates – o…
- RT @Sjg3G: I am a big fan of @mac290964 her work at TPAS has been outstanding with limited budgets @henryhtapper twitter.com/henryhtapper/s…Restoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- Invest in AgeWage - the best thing that's happened to pensions since Bismark youtu.be/Rb7ZScadVRU?aRestoring confidence in pensions 3 hours ago
- Invest In Agewage! It's the best thing that's happened to pensions since Bismark: youtu.be/MOV_n_RUO8Q?a via @YouTubeRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- We are losing women leaders- will we also lose TPAS? henrytapper.com/2018/07/17/we-… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 4 hours ago
- RT @Finance_Edge: "What is needed is not just a place where you can see all your pension rights, but some kind of total income modeller" In…Restoring confidence in pensions 11 hours ago