On 1st January this year, Her Majesty The Queen made me a Knight of the Realm. On 27th January, President Donald Trump seems to have made me an alien.
I am a British citizen who has lived in America for the past six years – working hard, contributing to society, paying my taxes and bringing up our four children in the place they now call home. Now, me and many others like me are being told that we may not be welcome. It’s deeply troubling that I will have to tell my children that Daddy might not be able to come home – to explain why the President has introduced a policy that comes from a place of ignorance and prejudice.
I was welcomed into Britain from Somalia at eight years old and given the chance to succeed and realise my dreams. I have been proud to represent my country, win medals for the British people and receive the greatest honour of a knighthood. My story is an example of what can happen when you follow polices of compassion and understanding, not hate and isolation.
Mo Farah, Facebook (Jan 27)
Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Tim Simpson on How many people fund their own… Margaret Snowdon on “Bovvered?”… con Keating on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Richard T on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Robert on Four years on – steelwor… Martin T on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Joe Craig on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Joe Craig on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Richard Chilton on “Jobsworth” -Con K… Pensioners cannot af… on Con Keating on illiquids and p… Eugen N on Four years on – steelwor… John Mather on Architects of our own demise? derekscott1953 on Architects of our own demise? Brian G on Architects of our own demise? Architects of our ow… on Has over half of the UK alread…
- care funding is going to get ever more confused with pensions lnkd.in/dBpUixpfRestoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- How many people fund their own care? henrytapper.com/2021/10/16/how…Restoring confidence in pensions 15 hours ago
- Toy Ferraris or pensions Lamborghinis – how should we react to a pension statement season? henrytapper.com/2021/10/13/toy…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- Workplace Pensioners cannot afford private equity’s current fee scales henrytapper.com/2021/10/14/wor…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago
- “Jobsworth” -Con Keating casts doubt on DWP’s lifetime jobs data henrytapper.com/2021/10/14/job…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 day ago