It’s one of the key questions for the next 6 months.
- Will the cost to employers of the ramp from 1 to 2% of bank earnings, combined with the introduction of the National Living Wage – bump up the business casualty rate?
- Will employees find a hike from 1 to 3% of BE too hot to handle, will they – like over-heated frogs, jump out of the pan and opt-out in droves?
- Will the Federation of Small Businesses, the CBI and other employer groups gang up against the changes?
- Will there be non-compliance as employers overlook the increase in payments?
- Will employees start asking where all the money is going ?
- Will employers start asking where they can get answers to these questions?
These and many other questions will be discussed at today’s Pension Play Pen lunch which will return to the newly re-decorated Counting House.
You can go their site http://www.the-counting-house.com/ and get yourself a free drink, cutting down your costs (which are typically £15- we have a new cost-controlled menu)
We kick off at 12 for 12.30 when the discussion begins. I look forward to seeing as many people as can fit in the Partners Room at the back (a lot) ! The pub is at 50 Cornhill – 200 yards from the Bank, we wrap up at 1.45 and kick out at 2pm