Advising on the pension decision used to be VAT free. That is because of an exemption for insurance that made commission and fee based advice on commission products VAT free.
But now advice on auto-enrolment and pensions does not just include insurance products and we can no longer offer a VAT exemption for advice.
This is not a problem for larger employers who can generally reclaim the VAT, but many if not most of the Micro employers will not fall within the VAT threshold.
So the Government will be charging them 20% of the cost of advice, for taking it!
This cannot be how to improve decision making among SMEs and Micros.
Pension PlayPen urges the Government to reconsider the rules surrounding advice on auto-enrolment and especially around choosing a pension.
Find what you need to know
Follow Blog via Email
here’s what you’ve been saying
Tim Simpson on How vaccines are delivered… nadinecharlton78 on Maintenance payments are not a… Peter D Beattie on Maintenance payments are not a… Kate upcraft on Maintenance payments are not a… John Mather on Are we “too old –… Tim Simpson on Are we “too old –… Brian G on Can the private sector be trus… Manita Khuller on Compassion for the pension lib… DaveC on Are we “too old –… Can the private sect… on A Living Pension! What would i… Brian G on Some thoughts for IGCs and Pro… henry tapper on Action is urgently needed on t… Baroness Ros Altmann on Action is urgently needed on t… John Mather on Some thoughts for IGCs and Pro… Brian G on Compassion for the pension lib…
- How vaccines are delivered – expert questions – expert answers.
- Maintenance payments are not a benefit, they are a carer’s and a child’s right
- “Assumptions are dangerous” – Bromwich on USS
- Moral hazard and the “compo culture”- must good pay for bad?
- Are we “too old – too fat” – or are we just not managing Covid too well?
- "The vaccination development, manufacturing and delivery are elements that can be undertaken at pace but getting th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- How vaccines are delivered - expert questions - expert answers. henrytapper.com/2021/01/27/how… via @henryhtapperRestoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- How vaccines are delivered – expert questions – expert answers. henrytapper.com/2021/01/27/how…Restoring confidence in pensions 1 hour ago
- Looking forward to understanding where @DWP are going on #TCFD There's a lot to look at here - but first impression… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Restoring confidence in pensions 2 hours ago