Here is a good presentation from Booz & Co Watch the video by pressing the link.
To those on the cutting edge – this is old hat. But there is a lag between what’s happening on the edge and how the rest of us “catch up”.
I’d go so far as saying that most of us cannot digest what has happened let alone anticipate what might be happening tomorrow.
I experienced this lag on Monday when I presented to a small group of pensions people. I was sixth presenter in an afternoon of power point presentations, many of which had been delivered through hand-outs because the early presenters did not have access to a lap-top.
I did a Prezi, if you have signed up to Prezi you can find it here http://prezi.com/fowzrzlsk09g/present/?auth_key=aqqslsf&follow=maigh6amx43e
During the presentation I felt the gap between where I wanted people to be and where they felt comfortable and to be honest I didn’t feel I was taking people with me. In fact I felt I was alienating people.
The ideas which I was trying to get over were drowned out by the noise of the Prezi and what questions there were, were about the presentation kit.
I have a similar problem with some of the people I work with who are suspicious of my blogging, tweeting and posting. Over time I hope I can win them over but right now I know I come across as scary.
As an extrovert, I recognise my behaviour is polarising opinion and I know that I am sometimes used as an example of “social media gone wrong”.
All of this is a little dispiriting, but only a little.
In the wider scheme of things, the digital dividend that we are benefiting from so outweighs the discomfort of change that I feel there is no alternative but to press on.
If you haven’t already watched the video, go back to the beginning of this blog and do so. It is only four minutes long , it is inspirational and I hope it will leave you more rather than less comfortable with the way digitization is changing the way we live, work and treat our planet.
- Prezi and iPad (presentwithipads.wordpress.com)
- Prezi (lisastewartliving.com)
- Scott Meis: Show prezi as a narrated movie (community.prezi.com)
- The Social MEDia Course: Revolution in Medical Education NOW! (scienceroll.com)
- Prezi? There’s an App for that. (saintleoinkblot.com)
- What have the Australians done for us – not much! (henrytapper.com)
- The Changing World of Book Reading: The Implications of E-Books, by Emmet Carmody (diginarrate.net)
- Booz & Company: Social Media on CEO’s Agenda (ggbenitezpr.com)
- (The Mandarins) Booz & Company : Why culture is key ? (prosumerzen.net)