The VFM consultation was not written by a robot, it was written by Des Healy, who is one of the good guys
Des wants to answer our questions on why the VFM Framework is a big deal , what it will mean and I will be asking him some questions about concerns I have and issues others have. You can ask your questions on the day or mail me them to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a recording but it’s better live.
INVITATION to a Coffee Morning – Online (includes 1Hr CPD)
When – Tuesday February 7th, 2023 10:30am
I’ll be asking Des some questions on the Consultation including:-
- A lot of people are surprised that value for money is so important to the DWP , TPR and FCA – why are you giving it so much attention?
- Should Employers be required to carry out regular provider reviews against strict benchmarks and confirm they have carried this out say every 3 years?
- Should those running such exercises be regulated and independent and using research and key metrics
- It’s quite a menacing paper isn’t it – would you say that you’ve been emboldened by the tough line taken by the Australian regulator?
- It’s striking how the paper moves from Trustee to IGC – do you feel there is an easier working relationship between you, TPR and FCA?
- You’ve got a new boss now – how’s it working for Laura Trott?
- You know my feelings about chapter 4 of the VFM paper (the bit I loathe) is this a consultation or a done deal? Is there scope for change
- If you do net performance right – what’s the point of the cost and charges test?
- A lot of value for money assessments focus on quality of service as the way to increase contributions, you don’t use “contributions” as part of the Quality test – why?
- The paper scarcely mentions ESG , was this deliberate or was it an oversite?
- How would you feel if you were a member of a DC scheme and was told it was not delivering value for money?
- Does it worry you that only one IGC VFM assessment has ever rated an insurer as not giving value for money – how do you avoid VFM-wash
Once more with a feeling