I am caught between spending another day at my laptop preparing for tomorrow’s launch of http://www.pensionplaypen.com or going to the Huish to see if Yeovil can overturn a one goal first leg deficit in their play-off with Sheffield United.
I know, toss a coin – oh what a surprise – it came down in favour of driving down to Yeovil.
And if I am quick I might get back to Brentford in time to get pissed with the Bees who I hope we will meet in the final.
- What a strange twist of fate supposed that I would be born a Bournemouth fan and desert to Yeovil when the money ruined the Cherries.
- Stranger still to be born the son of a Brentford fan who moved from Hounslow to Shaftesbury, half way between Bournemouth and Yeovil .
- Weirdest of all to live in a flat 200 yards from Brentford’s Griffin Park Ground.
My son , who is on a Duke of Edinburgh award trek through the Ashdown Forest has had his iPhone confiscated (strictly map and compass). He told me , as I dropped him off, that the itinerary includes a donkey and cat sanctuary but not a pub showing the game live (1.30 Sky Sports).
Well to Oliver Tapper and every other Yeovil exile not at the game today (including Frankie Doyle) we will sing a song for you!
And if anyone wants an under 16 child’s ticket …I have one spare.
- We are top of the league , we are top of the league! (henrytapper.com)
- Morgan content with narrow win (skysports.com)