Find what you need to know
Auto-enrolment sorted – click here
The pension Martin Lewis?
51 years old , twice married, one son. Cambridge Graduate , Icelandic fisherman, failed management consultant. Rugby player, oarsman and double bassist.
Tries most things once- usually badly
- RT @SamStedders: @henryhtapper me to Henry - and Brentford missing out in the play-offs again! Lets hope it's 8th time lucky if we get the …thanks 5 hours ago
- RT @PJZoulias: DB vs DC returns via @towerswatson towerswatson.com/en/Insights/Ne… Note use of TDFs @henryhtapper Must be their fault ;)thanks 7 hours ago
- @deValoisPens @Fanfaronade Impressive of L&G huh! #pensionsthanks 9 hours ago
- RT @Fanfaronade: @henryhtapper I was also impressed by L&G's new governance efforts (even if spurred by OFT). Other insurers/mastertrusts s…thanks 9 hours ago
- RT @deValoisPens: Aye aye RT “@Fanfaronade: @henryhtapper speaketh pensions sense: henrytapper.com/2013/05/22/a-d…”thanks 9 hours ago
- I am having difficulty coming to terms with Yeovil Town being a #championship side; do I need therapy? #ytfcthanks 9 hours ago
- “@Fanfaronade: I was also impressed by L&G's new governance efforts (even if spurred by OFT). Other insurers/mastertrusts shld follow suit.”thanks 9 hours ago
- @Fanfaronade thanks! Very kind of you to RTthanks 9 hours ago
- RT @Fanfaronade: @henryhtapper speaketh pensions sense: henrytapper.com/2013/05/22/a-d…thanks 9 hours ago
- "Fit lean pension machines" - an uncomfortable prospect? wp.me/ppXQz-2Ni via @henryhtapperthanks 9 hours ago
- A democratic way to improve DC investment.
- "Fit lean pension machines" - an uncomfortable prospect?
- Commission - an unwanted risk.
- The Regulator's brilliant auto-enrolment website.
- Replacing the financial salesman in the workplace.
- A great day for Yeovil Town Football Club
- Buzzword Bingo- (great post from Phil Baumann)
- Morrison's "Save our Dough" campaign.
- Who speaks for workplace pensions?
- A day on the river
- 131,435 hits
TagsActuarial science annuity Business Business and Economy corporate governance corporate risk dc pensions de-risking Defined benefit pension plan DWP Employment England Facebook Financial services Financial Services Authority Government Human Resources Insurance Investing Investment Investment management Legal & General Liability Driven Investment Life annuity linkedin London National Employment Savings Trust NEST pension Pension new pension playpen Pension Poverty Pension Protection Fund Pension Regulator pensions Pensions Politics public sector Public Sector Pensions Retirement social media Society Steve Webb twitter United States
What's hot and what's notactuaries annuity auto-enrolment Bankers Change corporate governance customer service dc pensions de-risking defined aspiration Facebook Fiduciary Management Financial Education First Actuarial happiness Henry Tapper blog Liability Driven Investment mallowstreet Management NEST Payroll pension playpen pensions Personal Accounts Popcorn Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement social media Treasury twitter
NAPF Presentation on “at retirment options”
DB de-risking presntation (ppt)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
Tag Archives: Personal Accounts
Smaller companies- those with less than 50 employees are the beating heart of Britain’s economy. It is from among their number that the next Virgin or Tesco will come and though many of them will be toast in ten years … Continue reading
Let’s hope that instead of issuing yet more consultation documents on the policing of the auto enrolment regulations, the Government will , through its key Departments, DWP and the Treasury, start getting us excited about the prospect of this new order. Otherwise this new pension paradigm will degenerate, as its Stakeholder predecessor degenerated, into a fearful, unloved, unadopted and unenforced mess.
I am a lover of NEST- of collective DC – of private and public partnerships that bring better funded pensions to people for whom the current system cannot reach. I have made my own private submission to the Work and … Continue reading
I’m sure the panelled annuitants or Retirement Income Providers (hereafter known as RIPs) are feeling pretty comfortable about life this morning.
However, it would lead to the kind of engagement between staff and retirement that is needed if we are to move forward from the current deadlock of distrust.
Last year 460,000 people bought annuities from their DC pensions, Two thirds of these people did not bother to get the best rate for their accumulated funds and as a result suffered on average a 10% lower pension than those who did. Continue reading
It may have taken ten years but the precipitous drop to DC is now no joke. 2010 is likely to be a tipping point for many workplace pension schemes. Here are my personal predictions for the year ahead. Continue reading