Find what you need to know
Auto-enrolment sorted – click here
The pension Martin Lewis?
51 years old , twice married, one son. Cambridge Graduate , Icelandic fisherman, failed management consultant. Rugby player, oarsman and double bassist.
Tries most things once- usually badly
- RT @FSMarketingGuru: @henryhtapper check out @iancowie missive here? blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ianmco…thanks 38 minutes ago
- Readers, reporters and City scandals since 1986 via @Telegraph soa.li/8WSODMgthanks 38 minutes ago
- RT @FSMarketingGuru: @henryhtapper aren't most journalists also bloggers too... Mixing art forms can only be good - agree Steph H. Is a cla…thanks 43 minutes ago
- @FSMarketingGuru agree; but the dividing line is clear - opinion v research? What do you think? #blogging v #journalism #pensionsthanks 45 minutes ago
- Why bloggers won't replace journalists lnkd.in/vCJUgsthanks 3 hours ago
- Why bloggers won't replace journalists wp.me/ppXQz-2NG via @henryhtapperthanks 3 hours ago
- Why bloggers can never replace journalists wp.me/ppXQz-2NGthanks 13 hours ago
- RT @PJZoulias: @henryhtapper does she have that written on her forehead?thanks 18 hours ago
- Sitting next to someone who manages £20bn of assets. No one has spoken to her all lunch! #pensionsthanks 18 hours ago
- “@paullewismoney: offering me an Annunity - presumably a regular income for retired abbesses!” Was that the #pensions monk? @PensionsMonkeythanks 19 hours ago
- The true and fair way to "cost" your investments
- Why bloggers won't replace journalists
- A democratic way to improve DC investment.
- Replacing the financial salesman in the workplace.
- Morrison's "Save our Dough" campaign.
- Commission - an unwanted risk.
- Who speaks for workplace pensions?
- A great day for Yeovil Town Football Club
- The Regulator's brilliant auto-enrolment website.
- "Fit lean pension machines" - an uncomfortable prospect?
- 131,726 hits
TagsActuarial science annuity Business Business and Economy corporate governance corporate risk dc pensions de-risking Defined benefit pension plan DWP Employment England Facebook Financial services Financial Services Authority Government Human Resources Insurance Investing Investment Investment management Legal & General Liability Driven Investment Life annuity linkedin London National Employment Savings Trust NEST pension Pension new pension playpen Pension Poverty Pension Protection Fund Pension Regulator pensions Pensions Politics public sector Public Sector Pensions Retirement social media Society Steve Webb twitter United States
What's hot and what's notactuaries annuity auto-enrolment Bankers Change corporate governance customer service dc pensions de-risking defined aspiration Facebook Fiduciary Management Financial Education First Actuarial happiness Henry Tapper blog Liability Driven Investment mallowstreet Management NEST Payroll pension playpen pensions Personal Accounts Popcorn Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement social media Treasury twitter
NAPF Presentation on “at retirment options”
DB de-risking presntation (ppt)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
Category Archives: club pension
“what are we going to do now?” Joe Strummer asked in 1979. Are we still working for the Clampdown? Continue reading
What have all these insurers got in common?
Answer, you can’t buy one of their personal pensions today.
I’m pleased to hear that NEST is planning to explain its investment plans that everyone can understand.I visited their offices last week and spoke with their chief investment officer about this. I hope that as part of this explanation , he’ll … Continue reading
These charts have been kindly donated by Citywire and their New Model Adviser team (to whom we should be very grateful). Each one of them surprised me. I dedicate this little blog to one of my heroes, Barbara Castle. If we … Continue reading
“Comply or Explain” is a phrase that crept into the “corporate governance” lexicon after the 1992 Cadbury report. The idea’s that rather than demand compliance with Government standards, regulators give companies the option to comply or explain why they haven’t. … Continue reading
Over the past two years we’ve seen a number of multi-employer occupational schemes spruced up for auto-enrolment. We’ve seen a number of insurers and asset managers set up as the providers of master trusts. We’ve had a few financial advisers … Continue reading
If ever there was an organisation that has well and truly got social media, it is the Actuarial Post Continue reading
If I had a vote for “pensions personality of the year, I’d give it to Wendy Taylor of Morrisons and I’d give her understudy Claire Ramus a “highly commended”! They’ve inspired their Board, their staff and they’ve brought a breath of fresh air to the … Continue reading