Find what you need to know
The pension Martin Lewis?
51 years old , twice married, one son. Cambridge Graduate , Icelandic fisherman, failed management consultant. Rugby player, oarsman and double bassist.
Tries most things once- usually badly
- England win the triple crown for the first time since 2003.thanks 1 hour ago
- 11 point winning margin flatters Wales who were rubbish. England best team in #6nations and will rue Paris f. Now to Rome to win by 50thanks 1 hour ago
- Courtenay Laws is deservedly man of the match. #6natiionsthanks 1 hour ago
- England turnover shows that Wales are not gong to sore a try to day.thanks 1 hour ago
- Blimey- no more scrums please #6natiionsthanks 1 hour ago
- PHILLIPS nightmare start! Come on England. stack the back with tall menthanks 1 hour ago
- Thanks Priestland. Where would England be without you #6nations2014thanks 1 hour ago
- @gweirydd Wales 69% possession in first half.Dylan Hartley has now got the equivalent of an og hat-trick- Wales' best player by farthanks 1 hour ago
- Yellow card time - and about time too - tara Jones #6ntaionsthanks 1 hour ago
- woeful Welsh finishing (again)thanks 1 hour ago
- Better hid.
- Why clever people don't do jargon
- "What's it like to be retired?"
- DC isn't working says Hymans Robertson- I agree - let's change that!
- Why I want to be Pensions Personality of the Year 2014.
- Pensions are stopping us building houses and housing is stopping us buying pensions!
- Honest research from Towers Watson on employer attitudes to workplace pensions
- The economic history of the world in one little graph
- Too big to worry about - what's should we do about State Street?
- When only a dedicated project manager will do - AE needs new advisers.
- 166,941 hits
- 1 Actuarial science ageing AMC annuity BBC Britain Business Business and Economy Company corporate governance corporate risk customer service David Cameron dc pensions de-risking Defined benefit pension plan Defined contribution plan Dutch DWP Economics Employment England Facebook finance Financial adviser Financial services Financial Services Authority Funds Government Human Resources Insurance Investing Investment Investment management Legal & General Liability Driven Investment Life annuity linkedin London mallowstreet Martin Lewis Mutual fund National Employment Savings Trust NEST Open Market Option Payroll pension Pension new pension playpen Pension Pound Pension Poverty Pension Protection Fund Pension Regulator pensions Pensions Politics Private sector public sector Public Sector Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement Saving Scheme Self-invested personal pension social media Society Standard Life Steve Webb Tesco Treasury twitter United States Yeovil yeovil town fc
What's hot and what's notactuaries advice gap annuity auto-enrolment Bankers Change corporate governance customer service dc pensions de-risking defined aspiration Fiduciary Management Financial Education First Actuarial happiness Henry Tapper blog Liability Driven Investment mallowstreet Management NEST Payroll pension playpen pensions Personal Accounts Popcorn Pensions Retail Distribution Review Retirement social media Treasury twitter
NAPF Presentation on “at retirment options”
DB de-risking presntation (ppt)
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
Follow the Pension Play Pen on linkedinlang: en_US
Monthly Archives: November 2009
The old adage that if the Equitable Life was a pension scheme it would still be trading today can be reversed. If most pension schemes were regulated as life insurance companies are today they would not be in business. Which is why we must be very worried indeed about threats to the buy-out market and very worried for our DC members about the impact on the cost of annuity purchase. Continue reading
A new study published by Spence Johnson has drawn on insight from 46 industry thought leaders to predict futures of the Fiduciary Management model. More here: http://tiny.cc/FiduciaryEvolution
Many of the participants’ future projections included the view that a unbundled Fiduciary Solution would grow in popularity, allowing schemes to outsource certain tasks i.e. LDI, while retaining in-house duties they felt more confident in performing.
This article addresses the question of whether LDI strategies are best employed as part of an “integrated solution” or “unbundled Fiduciary Management”?
As the ferry went down, passengers jumped like lemmings into the sea. We had another meeting and concluded that we would sue the men in suits before following the passengers. The last thing I remember was being hauled from the water by a man with a peaked cap, I remember around the rim the words “HMRC PPF”.